near misses

Had a crash today on Lorimer St Docklands heading down to Port Melbourne. Had no hands on the handlebar, enjoying the freedom and got blown by the wind.

Bike stacked onto the ground with me on it…worse thing was my friend was behind me and couldnt stop in time, rode over my leg haha.

In the end I only suffered from superficial scratches and bruises, not bad considering I had been ridden over and slid on the road.

Moral of the story is not to ride carelessly when its windy.

That’s God telling you to stop being a show off.

let my mate have a go on my single speed last night (have had to put the freewheel back on since drunken skateboarding incident tweaked my knee…) and he somehow managed to grab a whole handful of front brake and flip the thing. broke his collarbone and had to take him to the hospital at 12.30am this morning.

still not sure how he managed it as he claims he was fully aware it didn’t have a rear brake and knew he was pulling the front brake lever…

pretty funny til we saw his ghost white face

Rolly

general riding in the area i live in, no one expects bikes. ive had a car reverse out of a driveway into me and the driver then get out and abuse me for ‘not looking where im going

Were you riding on the footpath? Are you older than 12?

i had this happen to me before (previously described on this forum) when a driver just pulled out of their drive way without looking.

there was no footpath and the dude just plain didn’t look.

it was a backroad in upper ferntree gully.

burnfail.

actually riding on the road. and yes i am older then 12… dont see what age would have to do with any of it.

It’s illegal to ride on the footpath if you are over the age of 12.

fixed properly this time

do you live in UPFTG?
I live in boronia and ride a white allegro thats too small for me. Say hi!

not in Qld

nah, had to go to knoxfield everyday for work.

saw 2 fixies in 12 months of going out there

Maybe there lost

good point.

fixies are only allowed in the inner city right?

I wish mine was a near miss…

was riding home late last night, coming down to where the bridge crosses over merri creek just off the bike track near fitzroy north. anyway was mashin down the hill, went round a blind corner, BAM, straight into a guy.

got up to check if he was ok, his mate was with him trying to wake him up, must have been knocked out. turns out he had a massive gash in the back of his head. offered to call an ambo but the 2 guys seemed a bit suspect and they declined. lucky they didnt beat the eff outta me - they were actually really nice…

anyway i stayed with them for a bit till the bloke was good enough to go, and off they went. i got away with a few bruises but nothing major.

fuked up my front wheel though :frowning: hopefully just need to get it re-spoked.

Almost cleaned up a 3 series BMW today on church st.

Just got cut off by a van so i got up next to the window to yell some abuse then road off fast ahead of it, the traffic was going slow and a Truck stopped and waved the BMW through which was heading the opposite direction and turning across the traffic, BMW didn’t see me and i didn’t see it until it was about 4m in front of me and i was doing a good 30kph.
I skidded up and almost hit it with my back wheel while crossing train tracks and what not.

Scared the absolute shit outta me but fuck it would have looked good on camera.

Was going down hay street in peak traffic, cut between two cars and accelerated. Was approaching a speed bump and initiated a skid then suddenly “CLICK”, pedals disengaged causing my left leg to fly up in the air.

Subconsciously unclipped my right foot and leap frogged over my bars (this woulda looked uber cool) and landed of my feet and did a power skid standing up metre before I slid on my side. Took a nice huge chunk out of both heels on my sidis.

Out of all this… i ended up with a blister on my hand. Was pretty lucky that
a) the car behind me didn’t run over me/my bike
b) I landed on my feet.

it was quite bizarre.

Hay st Subi?

Thats one of my all time hills, can fucking hoot down there and when the cars slow down for the humps you just go faster :stuck_out_tongue:

I was running brakeless with TIMEs bombing down Malcolm st once and my left leg clipped out as i was approaching the first set of lights, managed to get my foot back in but i was fucking shitting it

i was riding a long station street in chelsea in the bike lane that doubles as a parking lane. There was a car slighty in front of me that that just decides to pull over and park without using an indicator. Almost frickin takes me out. i had to swerve onto the road. I then stopped and had a good yell at the guy, who yelled at me for being in his blindspot. I was like WTF!!! its not my problem that you can’t check your mirrors properly…some people

gotta watch that jt.mcrae, will get u everytime