Need compact, 26.0mm bars. Recommendations?

Hey all,

Building a winter/commuter/shitty-weather training bike. Steel, ultegra 11s, mudguards etc. Hate the look of 31.8 and a stem adapter on a nice thin steel-tubed frame, so I’m sticking with a quill stem. But I want/need compact shape bars.

I’ve found Soma Hwy One, but shipping from USA is like $60 (and the bars are like $40…). Have seen http://www.scvimports.com.au/ have them, but it’ll still be like $90 for alloy bars… Or am I just being way too stingy?

Has anyone seen anything from CRC/Wiggle/etc or online Aussie retailers? Or just any old compact/undersize bars?

Way to stingey, soma hey one are as good as it gets,
Commuter have them in stock I’m pretty sure.

yep, i got mine from commuter, best compacts at 26.o clamp.

Found a lovely member on here with some second hand Somas.

It pays to be stingy!

That was the last bit I needed. Going to be sweet.

Sounds it. Looking forward to seeing the build.

How good is that haha

Nitto M106.

Basically the same as a Hwy One but the bars have been flatten slightly where the bars transition to the brake hoods.
More expensive than the Hwy Ones though.

that is very handy. if anyone else has ones they want to part with hit me up!
those nittos are well out of my price range

Deda Piega are on wiggle, black only but fit thru my 100mm cinelli stem which apparently is a struggle with highway ones. They are also italian so measurements are outside to outside.

The picture on wiggle is of an ergo bar (and the description is vague) but I got compact:

^yeah I have piegas on my f.moser but had to get a hinged stem since they didnt fit through my moser panto’d one - heaps annoying.

Anyways, Ive been wanting to give the somas a go for a while but couldnt bring myself to pay the postage. will use them with a cinelli sesamo so fit wont be an issue. blakey got onto my post quicksmart and I already have them in my possession - thanks mate!

I’ve ridden this bike and I really like it. First dibs if you ever sell eh.

If someone has another pair for sale in 44… i’m here and waiting.

fwiw, you can save a little by getting them sent from Japan through Rakuten, or if you can find another store that’ll ship em out.
Still costs more than getting Somas locally D:

There is no choice for compact. Have Deda dropped the Ergo on these bars?
I have a set of the Ergos but just too deep for me.

Is anyone running Soma HWY One bars with a quill stem?
I’ve got a Nitto Dynamic 10 & can’t get it on ‘right way round’. Shaft of the stem hits bottom of bars.
It will go on backwards which only proves it can go on.

I’m running this setup - it is possible, just absurdly difficult ey.

I’ve got one of these coming. Might help.

Running some 44 wide Hwy Ones on a 110mm Nitto Pearl stem at the moment. Also previously ran them on a 100mm Pearl. WCP’s tool would be super handy, though.

Apparently a small amount of bar gouging is inevitable :frowning: But they are on.

I ended up using a rounded end electrical screwdriver. No marking of the stem :wink:
But this tool looks very useful.

Just bumping this a little, but has anyone run a 26mm clamp bars into a 25.4 THREADLESS stem clamp, ie with a clamp face plate, NOT quill.

is the 0.6 too much?? i wouldnt think so but would like to know from anyone who has run this

edit fits no worries.