Need new helmet with MIPS

Found a crack in the styrofoam of my red Fox Striker helmet yesterday, so time to put it out to pasture.

Time for something new, preferably with MIPS, for added “protection”.

Any suggestions? Doesn’t have to be MTB specific, Road is fine, but I am a fan of lower back of the head protection since my old man did himself some damage in that area after a stack.

I think these go alright for the $ http://www.bikebug.com/giro-savant-mips-road-helmet-matte-blackwhite-p-46620.html

Brother has non-mips and likes it

I have one of those Giro Savants and rate it over the Catlike Whisper Plus I had previously.

The Poc trabec

been using the savant for last month, tick of approval from me for fit, style and cost.

Just bought one this morning from FTR. Best fit for a mtb/enduro style helmet in ages.

Chiming in on giro savant for the trifecta of “fit, style and cost.”

Damn this looks hot.

Price tag not so much.

Can someone please explain what MIPS is?

Basically reduces the chance of rotational brain injuries, the most common cause of injuries while wearing a helmet.

In a helmet with MIPS Brain Protection System the shell and the liner are separated by a low friction layer. When a helmet with MIPS Brain Protection System is subjected to an angled impact, the low friction layer allows the helmet to slide relative to the head.

Thankyou! It makes a lot of sense, kinda like a springy layer between your head and the helmet.

One that allows rotation rather than bounce :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the suggestions, went with a Savant, should turn up this week as no-one had any in stock in the stores I hit up on Saturday.