New Bike Build

Yea really… The arse has fallen out of the nice tarck bike market every where except NZ…

Which is real good causes the NZ dollor isn’t any where near as strong as the AU.

I meant more about the ‘old boys here no longer buying everything they see’ ha ha :stuck_out_tongue:

im not that old!

Viking Cycles ©2009-2010 | Sentrumsbygget 3145 Tjøme Norway | Org 986947914 | info@vikingcycles.com

I’m not sure I understood, were you indicating they were no longer trading?

I’ve been looking on ebay, gumtree, and other sites (why craiglist though? In Aus it’s only got like, 5 bikes).
In any case, I’ve been looking, but haven’t come across much that suits me / is in the price range I want to spend. And I’m going off of what I’ve seen in person: the vikings are the same as aliens, only with different track ends, and the alien my mate rides is solid, and perfect (for me) for the price.

i ment the real craiglist, it’s not that hard to get a frame shipped…

there web site indicates they no longer care to keep their information up to date.

you know what go and send em your monies… it’s not mine…

you sound either sold on the less than cleaver idea or are totally trollin’. at the end of the day you could get a diamond vintage real life track frame even a whole bike for that kinda coin… but hey if you wana buy a turd rolled in glitter, who am i to ask questions.

Theres a thread all about this http://www.fixed.org.au/forums/thread14354.html
Go there tell people
what your budget is
What you want out of the bike
what style you like
people reply you buy.
Buying a plain black standard frame from norway is mental
What are you going to do if it turns up shit
just duck over and talk to them.

i ment the real craiglist, it’s not that hard to get a frame shipped…

there web site indicates they no longer care to keep their information up to date.

you know what go and send em your monies… it’s not mine…

you sound either sold on the less than cleaver idea or are totally trollin’. at the end of the day you could get a diamond vintage real life track frame even a whole bike for that kinda coin… but hey if you wana buy a turd rolled in glitter, who am i to ask questions.

I’m going off of what I’ve seen and heard, from people who’ve dealt with the company, doesn’t seem like such a bad frame to me, despite not being ‘real’. I wouldn’t send off money without hearing from the company but there’s no evidence to suggest it’s worthy of concern. In any case, just wanted to see if anyone had any recent info - just scoping out all options. Thanks for the tips though.

Appreciate the link, I read most of the thread while I was still researching, but I started this thread because I was just curious to see if anyone had heard anything from the company recently; I’d done some pretty thorough research (and lurking) on available frames and what’s available etc. The thorough first post up above which got this locked for a short period was so I wouldn’t give the impression of having just decided to get a bike without researching, searching forums etc. Frames are a pretty personal thing imo, so I’m looking for the right one for me. Thanks for the tip in any case. I’ll be putting viking on the backburner while I search other alternatives for now it seems.

How many times has the word Viking come up

Considering the thread was about that company, makes sense.

Na bro your the only one name dropping…

I bet your not even in Sydney

You know it wouldn’t be hard for the mods to Ascertain where you are auctally from

I’m with brendon on this one…

Yeah either that or stupid.

Think what you want. I’ve already adequetly proven to brendan I’m not affiliated (and yes, in general as far as I know mods are able to see the ip address from which the forums are accessed), but go ahead and speculate all the same.

Since it seems like you just want the thread dead all the same, probably should stop bumping it.

Thanks to those who helped, instead of flamed.

This thread has run its course.

Take your questions to the new buyers thread, and spread your net wider than a viking/alien, there’s plenty of fish in the sea (well, actually, there aren’t we’ve overfished the oceans, but there’s plenty of track frames on the new and used market.)