New bike question

Hoping to get some advice from people who know more about bikes than me. I’m looking to upgrade from an aluminium CX I’ve been riding for three years and get a steel rig. Basically would like something versatile that I can use for a variety of purposes like commuting, off road, light tours etc. Has anyone had a look at the Klatch from Co-motion?

Co-Motion Klatch

Seems to fit my needs. I know there are cheaper options out there for similar bikes but hey, people spend $15K on a cars (which I don’t own) and you only live once. Any thoughs people might have on the bike’s specs or other suggestions would be appreciated.

Yolo

They are good fabricators and excellent painters.

Many of their bikes end up looking like ultra fredmobiles due to owner choices, but they build legit race bikes/tandems and expedition machines.

Complete bike will be 1) expensive to ship 2) meh spec (5700 / iron cross (worst extrusion)).

Frame has rear eyelet but enve fork doesn’t, so no guards.

If you want to commute / tour / gravel and not race it seriously, I’d go for a Cascadia(or a Divideif you want biiig rubber, or Nor-wester if you want carbon fork/calipers & skinnier tyres), they’ll let you do racks and guards properly. But, frameset only, as less shipping cost, plus you can then build it with 6800 and hydraulic disc brakes and WI T11/Hed Belgium+ wheels.

Then, buy a new carbon fork (enve…) and some tubular wheels for your aluminium CX bike and leave it setup just for racing.

(I have a lucifer / demon S&S / streaker S&S)

Now you’re just showing off.

We both know I should’ve bought that green one when I had the chance. Never mind bikes you regret selling, what about bikes you regret not buying.

Thanks for the response. I’d looked at both the Cascadia and the Nor’wester previously. I was worried the Cascadia might be a bit of a tank for what I ride for predominantly (city get-about, rail trails, gravel grinds, commuter). I don’t race but I do like to go fast. I was leaning to the Klatch over the Nor’wester as I thought the longer chainstay might lend itself to longer time in the saddle and a facilitate rear racks.

I’m not wedded to a Co-Motion necessarily, I just want a (relatively) fast steel bike that I can use on tar and gravel. Maybe I want too much from one bike.

Klatch takes 40mm tyres, Cascadia takes 35mm plus guards. same same.

Klatch has a high BB, slaaaaaack HT and shorter chainstays and taller headtube.

Cascadia will handle better outside of a CX course.

What about a custom from Winter Bicycles? Same town as CoMo, tweak everything to suit your needs? Eric is a boss.

Endpoint? 30mm plus guards or CX knobbies, road style geo with fat rubber clearance, discs, Kona carbon fork or matching steel fork?

Zukas? Friend has a custom CX and loves it.

Elephant (who builds Endpoint frames) custom? Merge the National Forest Explorer with a CX bike? I’ve seen a bunch of these that are very sweet.

the carbon frame is super-lite weight, so i like the carbon .and the quality is ok. because the asiancyclexpress give me the good example.i like it .