NEW FORUMS ARE COMING - READ THIS IT'S IMPORTANT

Can you explain, in general terms, what was wrong with the site as it is? does fixed have a devblog?

In general terms, this design is outdated, the forum software sucks, and ultimately I’d like everything to be prettier. I’d also like to add some features, like, working user photo galleries, and an events calendar… Apparently there needs to be an ‘Like’ button, and also an Excel spreadsheet as a background… Not sure about the last two :slight_smile:

It feels… About 2002 around here.

A devblog? No.

vBulletin = quick reply = win

for the people that want forums to look like ‘work’ - firefox, tools/options/content/load images automatically - uncheck

There’s also an add-on for firefox that let’s you add your own style sheets so you could make it look like what ever you want.

Awesome, so I’m going to all this effort so you can replace my stylesheets with Word inspired templates :slight_smile:

I have always liked the plain look of Fixed. Hopefully, some of that can be retained.

Then you will probably be disappointed.

I’m beginning to know how the Facebook developers felt whenever they made GUI changes :slight_smile:

[quote="nickj "]

Then you will probably be disappointed.

I’m beginning to know how the Facebook developers felt whenever they made GUI changes :slight_smile:
[/quote]That’s ok, I’ll adapt.

[quote="Gordy "]

but be quietly resentful about it, and whinge to all your friends.

vbulletin will work nicely though. :slight_smile:

As long as it keeps the simpleness and continues to be able to load quickly instead of a million images and flash etc…

90% of my internet browsing…

Acessibility settings are your friend, ignore font colours and styles and backround settings and you live in a white internet world…

Fixed that for you.

I will put the new site/forum live THIS SUNDAY NIGHT.

There are some minor problems with the changeover:

1. If you have ever changed your username, it will revert back to the original one you registered with. You will need to figure out your password etc (read below), and then contact me to change it to whatever it is now.

2. All passwords have been reset, so if you come to the new site, you will probably attempt to login, and access will be denied… You will then need to request a username/password reset which will be sent to your email address that is currently in the system. This means you must make sure the email address you have associated with your account is current!

3. If all fails, you must email me from the frontpage of this site (yes, there is a frontpage!) which will have a ‘CONTACT’ link… Write to me and include: Your username and also your email address…

On the positive side, PM’s will not be lost as I had previously thought…

nickj.

launch party?

when will the changeover start??
what’s the expected downtime??

Yes, and I would like you to host it, using a Wheel Cipher please.

When the martini’s kick in.

Hour(s).

awesome! i might actually get some work done.