New to Fixies

Hi Guys, I am a DH mountain biker and new to the fixie thing. I just bought a “Create” complete fixie and made a few mods to make it a bit more comfortable. I want to put my SPD’s on but I probably should get a bit use to it first.
I will post some pics as soon as i can work out how to upload them?
Is there any group rides on the coast that i can join in on?

Cheers

Kynan

stick with your spd’s if you are used to them

put my spd’s on today and went for a good 40km ride to Southport stopping at a couple of bike shops. They defiantly make it easier to stop and chuck a few skids!
Still haven’t seen any other fixie riders around the area.

Cool, will have to keep an eye out if I ever get to ride again with this crap weather!

we ride every monday night at 7pm weather depending meeting at the convention center

all welcome

sounds good! do you meet at the front of the covention center and how long do the rides normaly go for?

yea we meet just out side of it

depends who rocks up, southport, varsity, are all the various destinations we ride too

i like puppies

There are a couple of us who do a night spit ride from labrador to the spit and back on a tuesday . Anyone new is welcome. We are riding tommorrow night.

Hey, keen to pedal. There is a punch of us who ride Monday nights simlar set up we ride to the spit or varsity etc.

Were do you guys met?

we are setting up a facebook page in the next couple of days. so keep a look out here for the details.

cheers

FIXIE GC – fixed gear gold coast

keep and eye on that site they are always riding or doing something :wink:

a few of us are heading out to the nerang velodrome this afternoon from around 3,

all welcome

I like this forum, he solved my many problems, thank you

I am waiting for your pictures.