New User

I was only joking.
But, seriously, get some bartape. Prevents slippage and burning, and the little plugs that come with it will prevent gouging

Made up some pedal straps, Ikea $10, need some playing around with but seem to be ok for now

How did the idea of riding without bar tape even came to be? People don’t get sweaty hands?
Was 36 in Canberra today, thanks for bar tape

The bike didn’t have any bar tape on it when I got it, I’ve just never really felt like I’ve needed it. I haven’t be out in the rain though. I think if I can find a pair of bull horns for cheap enough I’ll tape those.

Does anyone know what dimension the bars are likely to be?

Uhh dude, you’re using the wrong side of the pedal

<insert picard/riker, double face palm, jpg here>

I know I’m using the wrong side. Tried it on the proper side and they were incredibly uncomfortable.

You’re not riding in thongs are you?

Your handlebars will probably be 25.4mm clamp diameter.

Bates is that you

Can you post a picture of your feet?

Is that a genuine question or just really like feet?

Got a new job so I will be buying a new bike, looking around the $400 mark, anyone heard anything good or bad about customfix cycles?

Straight up, buy a Cell.

They look like the Cell fixies, but cost $160 more.

A bit of both, more the latter

I thought you were more of a leg man.

well this went well

I’m yet to see a first time poster not use the word comfortable,
You’re riding a bike not going to bed, and if the bottom of a pedal is more comfortable may be you’re feet are on upside down?

everyone always rags on conversions here, but my bike is a conversion that I built up myself. 27" frame with long reach callipers, runs fine! And yes, I spent more than I would have on a cell and yes it’s not the most amazing frame ever but so what? I learnt a lot about putting a bike together and maintaining it and I would not have learnt that by buying a generic cell. I’m not riding it on the track or commuting on it so I really don’t give a shit about how good the frame quality is. Once I have the money I’ll buy a sweet frame and transfer the decent parts over, but for now it suits my needs.

cool