Nightshift eBay finds

Same paint as my old diamondback BMX hell yea

May put a bid/offer on that …

dont mind that at all…

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/bayswater/men-s-bicycles/masi-cx-speciale-steel-commuter/1224256975

$250 Masi in Perth.

Been relisted for $300, if it was large I’d be all over this

$400 now. Seller must have realised it was massively underpriced after receiving a deluge of enquiries

Not %100 sure which one you’re talking about Adz but Masi is $250 without panniers and rack. I’m a little bit tempted just for my week in Rotto at the end of the year, though rust spot is a worry

Ahh yeh I didn’t read through to the bottom

Thanks for the heads up Carlin, grabbed this for $300.

Interested to hear your thoughts on yours and how you built it up.

nice one mate!

dibs if you decide its not for you :slight_smile:

Nice work. It’s a quality frame, nice paint, well finished. The fender mounts are a bit odd, and the threaded mount at the back of the crown brings back the old drill or don’t drill dilemma.

Geometry wise, I just find the steering and the stability really well balanced. It’s not one of these new short stem long top tube short chainstay bikes. It’s a little more old school than that, but feels right.

I’ve got it set up 650b with the sk gravel kings, a cx crankset with 12-34 cassette and Thomson dirt drops. This setup is capable across everything but the outright speed on the road and more technical single track. I like the drops, but think it could be really good with a Jones bar or similar.

What do you plan to use it for?

Hoping to use it for some fire trail exploration near my parents house and maybe some light bikepacking. I have a surly nice rack kicking around so that may be mounted occasionally for overnighters with my partner where i need some more storage capacity.

Ideally will use some sweepy-alt bars initially and some cheap hydros. Maybe one of the budget 27.5 cyclingdeal wtb wheelsets to get it rolling on a budget.

Still tossing up whether to go 29er/40c or 27.5/2.2".

i find 700x40 to be much faster than 27.5/2.1, i find 27.5 good if you are going up or down, but if lots of flat they roll like hot dogs :hotdog: which have fallen out of their buns, i ride 700x42 on easy single trk with no worries

Who rides flat?

I have two wheel sets for my Curve - 27.5x2 and 700x30 and I rarely ride the 700 wheels.

But I guess 2” is a bit smaller than 2.2.

1 Like

Sounds perfect, that’s what it does best.

I’d go 27.5 for dirt, 700c for road, depending where you’re going to spend most of your time.

Do hot dogs roll better when they’re still in their buns?

Why Do Hot Dogs Come in Packs of 10, and Buns in Packs of 8???

60cm Bianchi road frame. Paint is a bit rough, but could be a good project: https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/woodbur … 1224809412

Bianchi Brava, c.1986. Complete with added “Italian” tax at that price?

Some info on the Bianchi Formula 2 tubing here:

Too steep? I always assume the price is negotiable.

The C-Rec headset is almost worth the price of admission. (Assuming it’s included.)