noisy bike

^ Whatever you’re comfortable with, really. That’s getting up to 79 gear inches. My commuter runs around 70 gear inches and my vintage track bike that never sees a track runs 75.

fibonacci got it wrong. 47/17.

and thats #becausefixie to you duggy, show some respect

the young kids I’ve seen come through in brisbane seem pretty happy in their own crew, not so keen to branch out into the greater cycling world

i always had bikes around the 70 mark and my last bike about the 70 mark as well, it was easy to skid on etc…but then I stopped skidding and learned to ride slower and anticipate rather than reacting…apart from riding slower and slowing down, i use my front brake and skip stop…when my riding changed i started getting in the mid 70’s.

this is the highest i’ve been…but so far, apart from my legs not being strong enough (yet) the ride feels pretty nice.

Remember when you tried to optimise the amount of skid patches? Man, formative times.

formative indeed!

i once blew out my back wheel on a skid…

that’s what she said amirite

i feel like I spin plenty with 48/17 tbh - so I suppose I agree with everyone else. Its relative. Find what works an feels good and go for that.

I run 44/18 on 165s. Now I feel inadequate!

I’m thinking changing my omnium to the 165’s as well…