noisy bike

I’m going to suggest something revolutionary, but maybe take it to your local friendly bike shop.

I’ve been told they have people there who know stuff about bikes. I mean, it all could be part of a wider zionist plot to steal your identity… but the truth is out there.

That or find someone on here who lives near you and offer them beer or snacks for assistance.

^ Stop making sense.

i will do what little i can myself, to have a sense of usefulness, but otherwise, yes this may be what actually happens.

also try lubing up your nipples.

(ie before you give up and go to the shop with it - drip a drop of light oil on each of your spoke nipples, a creaky nipple can make a noise like you describe)

Probably just your bottom bracket. Take out, grease, then put back in.

Or let your bike shop do it.

New sig… cheers.

damnit…beat me to it!

good lelz, rhythmic creaking probably BB, take it to your local bike shop, let them fix it, pay the bill, no they’re not ripping you off.

Says the man paid by BigBike

Nah, he’s not there anymore.

Also running Omnium crank with NJS chain - also clicks regularly. Figured out it’s the adjustable link (I have no idea why it does this) as it goes onto the chainring. I’ve cleaned it, lubed it, all the things. Saint Cloud checked the crank, pedals, seatpost, shainring bolts etc and this was the only thing that stood out. Anyway… that’s my $0.05

not sure what you mean?

@lukemarkof yeah, i think its the same thing with mine too. did you get a new chain or just replace the link?

Took it to Bar Cycle, which is near my work and the mechanic is a really cool guy. He gave me a free 16t cog to see if that would help…but, the more i ride, the less i care about the noise now, especially after having the guy check the bike all over and confirm everything is solid.

i am digging the 16 though…my legs are killing me, but such a crisper ride…if that makes sense…

not that anyone will care anymore because everyone is too busy frothing over portage solutions these days, but this forum is a great believer in spinning being better than grinding. For both form and fitness. Unless you’re from Perth. But whatever works for you.

On that: where do the sw8 fixxie kids hang out and mock each other about gear ratios and such? FOA is clearly just a bunch of old farts in an echo chamber, there must be a new cool forum for tha kidzz. Maybe just instagram?

Fixed Gear Melbourne on FB seems to be where it’s at.

Also, spinning = winning.

because fixie on FB will make you quit bikes

spinning better than grinding??

as in geared better than fixed?

I’m not fussed which one is better, i like both. I find fixed more fun for commutes and short rides, and these days with kids i dont really have time to go for 2-3 hour rides on weekends, so geared bikes serve me no purpose…at the moment.

i dont really hang out on FB fixie communities…most people on those forums are at least 10 years younger than me (in most cases 20+ years younger)

Nah, spinning as in smaller gear = higher cadence.

right…I actually didn’t think 48/16 was too bad…