Not fixed, but cycling general - another slow news day

When have I said otherwise?

There already is a perfectly effective way of controlling cyclists’ behaviour - it’s the same as is used for pedestrians. Now since you claim to oppose registration for cyclists, stop trying to defend an article which does nothing other than call for cyclists to be registered!

All you have to do is search this forum for ‘crackdown’ and ‘police’ to see how frequently the Victorian police run campaigns to keep cyclists in line. What have we had this year so far, 2x Operation Nora’s and an Operation Spoke? On top of the general policing they do? What more can be done? Maybe each cyclist should wear a little camera that transmits back to a control room, and every time a road rule is broken that cyclist can be fined accordingly.

All this is fucking retarded, and I honestly don’t understand why anyone bothers reading these articles.

And for what it’s worth, I don’t agree with running reds. What’s the rush?

And while this goes on, the Australian population continues to become fatter and fatter. I mean the government should be doing everything to get people onto bikes rather than continue to make it harder and nanny-state’d.

Don’t worry, the Daily Telegraph holds no influence in this matter. Cyclists are not going to be have compulsory registration any time soon.

In fact, that’s one of my favourite come backs to people who claim that cyclists should be registered - “Suck my dick, it’s never going to happen.”

there is. it’s called the law. it also covers all other road users - motor vehicles, pedestrians, horse-drawn carriages etc.
now just accept that cyclists don’t break the law any more than any of those other user groups.

I find it funny that drivers get so worked up about it. Safety is rarely mentioned - they just seem salty 'cos someone is ahead of them.

If so many riders run red lights, wouldn’t they be getting hit all the time? Or be mowing down pedestrians at a great rate?

This was always my suspicion. So we just have a problem with impatience and jealosy on the roads. No big deal.