NZ Don Gibbs Columbus Max Pursuit

As requested, now with drops.

It’s been a while since I’ve contributed to this place. Part of growing up, life getting taken over by work. But, I do still ride and still always looking for new projects.

Had this frame for a few years now, but it wasn’t easy to find all the parts I wanted for the right price.

This frame is probably one of those you’ll either love it or hate it type. Lets just say, it’s different.

Anyway, here it goes:

NZ Don Gibbs Pursuit

Frame:
Don Gibbs (Columbus Max Tubing)
Fork/Headset:
Don Gibbs Columbus Max Fork/Campagnolo C-Record
Crankset/Bottom Bracket:
Campagnolo C-Record/Campagnolo C-Record
Pedals:
Campagnolo C-Record/Campagnolo C-Record
Drivetrain/Cog/Chainring/Chain:
Euro Asia Import Silver Medal 18T/Mavic 53T/Izumi Silver
Handlebars/Stem:
Mavic/Look Ergostem
Saddle/Seatpost:
Iscaselle Time /Campagnolo
Front Wheel/Hub/Tire:
Campagnolo Omega 19 Clincher/Campagnolo C-Record High Flange 32H/Vittoria Rubino Pro 3
Rear Wheel/Hub/Tire:
Campagnolo Omega 19 Clincher/Campagnolo C-Record High Flange 32H/Vittoria Rubino Pro 3

There. I did try putting quill pista stem and drops for a more classic look, but it just didn’t look right. So, another ugly ergo is needed.

It’s nice to be back.

im a fan of ‘different’ tubing, so thumbs up from me.

i would’ve gone a short quill stem instead of an ergo stem personally, think it would look ‘cleaner’

but then you couldnt position it where it is now, nice parts list too

Nice,

Mmmmmmmmmmm

Yeah needs a quill stem. To much going on with the ergo stem. Mean looking frame though!

I like it, all the low pro-ers will be digging it too i think. and the ergo is looking sweet on there, how do they go for stiffness?

Terrible and are prone to cracking, but they look cool,
I also think a quill and some crit bars would be nice.

Damn, No skimping on the components here.
I love ergo stems, campagyolo, and crazy aero gussets, full points from me.

edit: planning decals?

Nice. Would ride…

Thanks for all the feedback.

Still trying to find the “right” quill for this build. Before I can find it, it’s stuck with the ergo.

Thanks.

As for decals, that’s a hard one, mainly because Don Gibbs never made any decals for his frames. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

As for stiffness, did you mean for the frame or the ergo?
If it’s for the ergo, then the answer is it sucks in terms of stiffness, as it flexes, too many moving parts.

Thanks.

Do you currently have any quill stems which might be suit this frame in the shop (GearBrisbane)?

Paid advertising space for a local business? It’s big enough :stuck_out_tongue:

ha, actually, a bike shop has already asked me to do so. i’ve politely turned it down. :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice. Agree that without decals is more in key, although weren’t there some of his frames with old Beckenham cycles decals when he was building out of there? Sweet frames.

looks fresh to me, nice build

Nitto Jag will do the job.

Nice bike bro.

thanks.

i had one of those Beckenham frame, i actually have the Beckenham decal on file. But this one wasn’t from Beckenham cycles, so I guess I’ll just leave it for now.