Offroad Digest - CX Friendly Dirt Rides

That’s a good one :slight_smile:

I’m doing the below Saturday morning.
5:45 train from central arrives at Morosset at 7:55
https://www.strava.com/routes/8064029

This Saturday I’ll being doing this ride, more prep for thunder bolt.
If anyone wishes to join, you’re more than welcome.

Link to strava route:
https://www.strava.com/routes/8118074

So does that mean you’re coming down Watagan Forest Rd around the 80-100km mark?

Good thing you’re on a MTB - it would be pretty tough going on a CX bike. I went up that road on the weekend, and it’s super washed out from all the rain. Lots of deep ruts and rough bits of loose rock.

I’d be interested in joining but I’m doing the first part of the Bushranger 1100, camping on Saturday night at Wiseman’s. Bushranger 250 Overnighter - A bike ride in Morisset, NSW

yeah down into jiliby, its always a little rough in that section. i might take them down another way onto jiliby road before the rough bit.

Not to worry have fun. that a nice route there. still need to do that stretch =]

Looking to use the All City Nature Boy as more than a commuter. I’ve got a closet full of decent camping kit so want to do an overnight trip. Any recommendations? Okay with a bit of distance but long hills might break me on the single speed.

Last year’s Swift Campout to Bunyip looked great

So, who’s in for the Bilpin ride this year?

April 7, on the Audax calendar.

The short version is slightly tempting, but I’d have to negotiate around kids’ swimming lessons etc…

I could do either at this point. The short one last year was worth the day out, and still a really decent ride. Plus there was time to stop at the Bilpin cellar door.

I might be keen, now that I have the perfect bike for it (short version that is)… Is there a page for it?

i’m aiming to make the short version this year.

I finished the 200km last year, really enjoyed it but was beyond dying for the last 20km of the day.

Theres a little bit of info and maps on the entry page.
Audax:Bilpin

And that last 20km is some serious terrain.

Yeah, my concern is dying in the arse on that last 20km. Really not sure I’ve been riding enough to even think about this.
But I’ve been thinking about it…

If i have a cx bike by then id be keen for the lesser km ride.
Just have to sell the marida first.

I’m taking this out on Saturday.
Explore Sydney - Dirty City to Surf - Free??ti=ia

Route courtesy of Rowan.

All welcome. Please use the link to register.

Boo, I’ve picked up a headcold so im 50/50 on making it to bilpin on saturday.

On a positive note though, after a spring clean meant dragging all the bottles out of the liquor cabinet I’ve decided the stockpile is a bit excessive, so I’m opening it up for a whisky tasting after the next suburban dirt ride.
Suburban Dirt: Whisky run. Saturday 21st April.
30km gravel ride starting at gymea.

I’ve registered for the Bilpin 116.

Hope you’re feeling better Rowan, I’ll try to make it over to your side of town for a Suburban Dirt ride soon, maybe even this one!

Yeah, Bilpin isn’t happening for me. Again.
One of these years I’ll get there.

I’m definitely out for Bilpin now, still haven’t recovered.