Olympics Track Racing

Some dude in the GB mens admitted to crashing so they could get a better start.
‘I just crashed, I did it on purpose to get a restart’: controversy mars GB sprint gold

dumfuck of the year right here, kids.

If second wheel cannot hold the pace they’re in trouble.

He might take up badminton next?

Watching it live I thought that he just fell over for no reason. It also looked like he tried to pull a cleat on purpose, realised he couldn’t, stopped and fell.

Thoughts on mens pursuit? Considering how close GB and the Australians have been, could the Australian team have been keping something in the tank? Amazing ride by GB though.

Keirin tonight!

Though to be fair, the time they have to pull up is smaller than normal people due to the speeds they ride…

And it is isn’t just a matter of the first rider pulling off correctly, the second rider would have to push at the right time. I think it is one of those things where doing it correctly may be easy, but doing it well enough to actually win at that level is quite difficult.

Don’t know if this is a no no here but this site exclusivly torrents cycling events and has each days full coverage. The bay had the road race and the ITT but as yet no track??

CyclingTorrents.nl V.2.0.0 :: Search results for “olympic velodrome”

If I’m breaking some unwritten rule mods, sorry, please delete.

//youtu.be/KO0YdXNhSSo

I hear ya! :wink:

Pathetic.

Wierdest keirin ever.

yeah. shit. not sure what meares was doing.

Worst tactic ever? Once she got sucked out the back you could her almost back pedaling

Meares shouldn’t have even bothered if she knew she didn’t have the legs…I can’t wait to see footage of Forstermann in the XC ha ha ha…

Are they onto something with the “hot pants”??

Are the British “hot pants” better than the Aussie “hot pants”??

http://www.theage.com.au/olympics/cycling-london-2012/team-gbs-new-hot-pants-chafe-with-australia-20120730-23ags.html

BBC News - Loughborough University develops ‘hot pants’ for Team GB cyclists

Spanish riders saddle exploded during the qualifying- carbon fail? Mechanic should have used the torque wrench!

saddle rail clamp bolt failed by the look of it. I’ve done that too.

My main concern with the coverage so far is that Scott McGrory is not giving enough shout-outs to Bendigo.

Andre Greipel looks a bit lob-sided

I think it’s the angle / perspective of the photo. Cause so does forsterman