Perimeter Trail

Rode the Perimeter Trail the other day again with the Long Trail as an extension. Its a bit rocky in parts but very doable on a Cross bike with proper tires. I had a blast and will do it again in the near future. Its a good training for bike handling skills and the MTB guys I met all looked at me with a bit of a surprise. Seems they never saw drop bar guys up there. Anyway just wanted to give you the heads up to give it a try, its fun and the views are price less. Its quite short with around 20ks all in all but you can descent down McCars Creek road and check out some other trails in the National Park. Starting point is in Terrey Hills so you need a car to get there. If someone is interested I’m always happy to ride this kind of stuff. This is not your regular Gravel Grind though so some bigger tires are required (felt totally fine with 35mm but the bigger the better).

Havent heard of this before - is it shown on Google as the Cowan Track?

Sounds good to me. I’ll be up for it in a few weeks, once I get my cross bike going again and am back into riding.

The Cowan Track is close by but I dont know how far it goes. Will check it out next time. Yep just let me know when you are ready and we go for it.

http://nobmob.com/rides/terreyhills

Keen to give some of these a go when I get the nature boy back from Kumo in June/July.

What is he doing to it??? Fixing rear dropout?!!?

Brazing new ends on.

I wish you said tips, then I could have made a joke about Keith touching your tip; like how did it feel? Or whether he had worked his magic on your tip… Dammit drozzy! This is why we can’t go to fancy places.

Or ride out there via Manly Dam, Cascades and Wild Flower Garden for a whole lot of dirt.