Pista Pro

Howdy all, first post. Couldnt find an introductins section so thought id start here.
Am a melbourne boy. Have been riding a felt mtb for past 2 years and thought it was time to upgrade to something a little quicker.
Picked up an Avanti Pista Pro off ebay. Only pic i have is the one off ebay. Has been cleaned up since and now thinking about paint.

FORK
Specialized carbon fork, carbon fiber legs, aluminum steerer
HEADSET
Specialized Mindset, 1 1/8" integrated threadless, sealed bearings, alloy 20mm cone w/ one 10mm and two 5mm alloy spacers
STEM
Specialized Sport, 3D forged alloy, 31.8mm split clamp, 7 degree
HANDLEBARS
Specialized Comp, 6061 alloy, short-reach drop, 31.8mm
TAPE / GRIPS
Body Geometry Bar Phat, cork ribbon w/ 2.5mm gel padding
FRONT BRAKE
Dual pivot, forged alloy w/ cartridge multi-condition pads
REAR BRAKE
Dual pivot, forged alloy w/ cartridge multi-condition pads
BRAKE LEVERS
Tektro short reach for drop bars
CASSETTE / FREEWHEEL
Shimano 16t Freewheel plus 16t fixed gear cog
CHAIN
KMC Z-510HX, 1/2" x 3/32"
CRANKSET
Sugino Comp, five arm, polished arms
CHAINRINGS
42T CNC Zen Messenger
BOTTOM BRACKET
Sport cartridge, square taper, 68 x 103mm
PEDALS
Composite body, alloy cage w/ toe clips and straps
RIMS
Alex R500, 700c, alloy double wall, machined sidewalls
FRONT HUB
Specialized, 32 hole, forged alloy, double sealed w/ chrome track nuts
REAR HUB
Specialized, 32 hole, forged alloy, double sealed w/ chrome track nuts

Not entirely sold on the 16t cog. Might look to upgrade to an 18. Still undecided as to colour scheme.

bung on an 18 or 19T to build up your leg speed & coordination (and aim for a cadence of 95-100 on the flat - you might want some straps or go clipless for that). Dial up the gearing later if you feel the urge/get stronger.

Colour? Looks OK to me.

my $0.02

I love 42/16

But you are a highly skilled and uncommonly powerful man

Cheers guys, Gypsy (thanks mate) has set me up with a 19t which ill run for a while and see how it goes. Dont have too many issues with the 16 but as its my first fixie wouldnt mind playing around with a few setups to see what i like the best.

lower gearing will help you learn to skid easier…
also once you get some cages and straps, move your brake lever in from ya grips so you have to actually go for it instead of using it all the time…