places to live tasssie style

And some time has passed once again. As as single person, beeing into riding (road for now, MTB once I am able to buy one again) and running (trail) where would I move to? JP are you still happy in South Hobart, happy in Hobart in general? I need a change in my life and Hobart and Adelaide are currently on the top of my list. Thanks for some input.

Hobart. Do it. Too many reasons to list. Jump on a flight, come down and take a look. We’ll take you for a ride. You’ll be sold.

don’t even worry about a reconnaissance trip, just have a look through Benny’s instagram account… :wink:

I’ll most likely do just that as I’ve never been. Looks like this will quite possibly be mid-end May. If I can bring a bike, do I bring the roadie or am I better off bringing my cross check?

Yeah, I’m still super happy in South Hobart mate :slight_smile: Best for MTB, and for road its probably v good too. Whoa, just saw the comment about trail running… South Hobart is probably the best place in Australia to live for running in the mountains!

I don’t know how tall you are, but you’re more than welcome to use any of my (or my wife’s) bikes while you’re in town. If you’re keen to BYO, the cross check or any other fatter tyred beast, for sure.

Both. Just don’t forget your base layers.

Sounds awesome, thanks for the offer!!! I’ll be in touch when I come over.
Funnily enough ‘‘Find your feet’’ which is my main got to trail running online store is also based in Hobart. I may be onto something here :wink:

Wife and I had a talk this morning over breakfast. 5-year plan. She’s just got to finish her medical training and then she can work anywhere. It’d be a massive career downgrade for me (I’m a commercial barrister and the work I do just isn’t in Tassie), but I figure I’ll spend the next 5 years saving Melbourne $$, then try to work up a modest practice in Hobart but otherwise semi-retire as an at-home-(but-actually-mostly-outdoors-)dad.

Which tells me you’ve been there and you loved it? I am pretty much looking for small town feel with a lot off nature thrown in, accessible trails for running/riding, exciting things to discover, not too sleepy but not stressed either, nature loving people, healthy lifestyle spend in the outdoors, ok living costs, friendly people, ok weather (I dont need sunshine every day but I dont want that much rain either), a base to discover more greatness…and of course something where I might also find work (working in the Tourism industry but wouldnt mind a change, although I think tourism is a not to bad industry to be in in Tasmania anyway).

We’re pretty sold on Hobart. We’re going to check out Launceston too though. Might tick a lot of your boxes too, but the houses are even cheaper.

Yep, plenty of hippies.

Such a good plan!
I was on the pipes the other day, scaring myself a lot, and I thought of you for just a moment between panic attacks.

And yeah, find your feet is a great store. They stock the best patches ever! And they also are a Hilleberg dealer now :slight_smile: