Police Auction Find

Score! I’ve never done the Police auction thing here, did it in London once and everything was total rubbish. What was actually worth something went for far too much coin. I landed a Brooks Pro atop a ruption BMX for the princely sum of 14.85 squids, then sold the bmx minus brooks to my flattie for a tenner!

Been meaning to reply to this for ages, but have been living in Malaysia, and only just rediscovering fixed after the shock of moving here:

My Dad did the rebuild, some of the parts were quite degraded, so that put him off doing any kind of restoration. Had to hacksaw the seat post out Everything has been rebuilt though, and works pretty well and it rides very nicely.

He is after a seat post more matching the syle and a saddle to make it look a bit more retro. The chain rings were quite hard to find, an odd size. I ordered some for him off ebay, from an Itallian seller, and could only find them in ano green.

I told him to get new levers, as the old style ones with the cables coming out of the top look shite I think!

what size seat post?

Can’t remember, but can find out do you have something in the spares box?

What a find! What’s been changed over for the little fix up job? Chain rings in funny sizes can be specified to Fyxo-if he doesn’t already have some in what you need. Happy birthday Dad indeed.

He just greased and replaced bearings, new brake levers, cables, bar tape, that seat post and saddle and just a spare road tire I had. He also put some new jockey wheels on the derailleur and a new chain on. Didn’t spend much, but it is all working, being looked after and ridden around.

Who’s Fyxo?

Haha, Post of the year so far.

i got a campy 26.4 if thats the size you need

sig’d