pool questions

I’m toying with the idea of pulling a “Clark W Griswald” and putting in a pool later this year.
Only thing is I can’t seem to find any answers regarding garden sizes and stuff.

Done a heap of google searches but they’re mainly more along the lines of maintainence and actual building.
Tried the local council and just got a list of costs and forms.

The other half reckons her dad wanted to put one in around the 90’s and was told their garden wasn’t big enough so I’ve always just taken that as gospel, but alot of people seem to think nowadays you can put them in apartments and shit.

Anyone attempted this or know someone who has? Maybe know of a website that could help?

Try a pool builder

Council regs might be the best place to start.

…but seriously, have a chat with someone at your local council’s planning department before you do anything.

This was my next option.
I thought about maybe taking my house layout in to let them have a look.
I always like to get people opinions/stories. If I’d just gone straight through the builder for my water feature I would have spent alot more money and made a few costly mistakes.

Kinda like homeloans, it’s handy to ask around as well as just go straight to a bank.

Grew up with one of these. Can’t beat em!

Growing up in the UK the idea of having a pool was completely alien to me, I had one mate who had a rich mate with an indoor heated pool we used maybe once. Other than that it was either a two week hoiliday to spain one a year or swimming in the thames.

The day I put in a pool will be the day I tick off another life achievement.

My sister just got a big fuckoff pool put in. She lives about 100 metres down my street. This is a brilliant outcome for summer funtimes.

It’s a hole Karen, he doesn’t know what to do next!

Pools provide great funtimes, but be prepared for a huge ongoing hit to the wallet for maintenance.

Yea I kinda figured that’d be the case.
The fiance has 2 x 900+ litre aquariums, a water feature/fishpond and a turtle enclosure so the maintainence she’d be pretty across the board with.
Were planning to rip out the fispond so all the wiring is done and all the connections for the pump are there.
It’s only really my garden size.
My arsehole neighbour put in for planning permission for a granny flat and then tried to put in a pool, we complained and now the kent just has a masive hole in his dirtbowl garden… Just wanna cover all my bases so I don’t end up in the same spot.

maintenance depends on kind of pool and location and usage, i have a fibreglass pool which gets about 1 hour of sun a day, whole family has a dip most days and i run the filter during the day using solar. i don,t outlay that much really, the fun and satisfaction cooling down after a ride/soccer/hot day sure out weights the cost. i do have a mate with a very large concrete resort style pool and it cost him shitloads for some reason.

My wife wants a pool. The only access to the backyard will involve knocking down what I’m using as my bike room… we’re gonna wait a bit to get a pool.

One on the black, no shooting back. And I don’t care if you play “comp”.

It’s the Aussie dream!

My wife wants a pool, I told her when the neighbours trees over the back are gone she could have a pool but she’d have to clean it.
We got a new back neighbour. He ripped out the trees… I gave him a sixer over the fence for being a top bloke.

Now I’m screwed. I want to put a bike cave where the pool was going.
Think I’ll play the spa & champers card.

Pool fences, self-closing doors and other regs can be a head fuck.
Rules about fence railing being used as ladders & council wanting you to replace a fence you never budgeted for.
Plus the wife wants a magazine type frameless glass pool fence at about $1800/linear metre.

after weekly vacuuming and dealing with the pump/chlorinator/etc in a saltwater pool growing up, then renting a house with a chlorine pool and doing yet more vacuuming and realising how much chemicals and water top ups cost:

fuck looking after your own pool.

I’d rather pay to go visit the local council pool the few times a year I want to use it and never have to look after one ever again.

but where would the ducks go?