Por Que No Los Dos - KPCC Track or Xmas Cross

Howdy Everyone,

i’m coming up to QLD for the last half of Dec. will be staying with family in carrara, and have been given time off to do some racing. the only problem is i won’t be bringing my bike with me.

there seems to be two events i’m likely to attend.

Kangaroo Point Track Carnival
KPCC Track Carnival

and

Gold Coast Cycling Club XmasCross

xmascross i can probably borrow a bike from family, cos we all know “cross iz srs bizniz” and nothing says SRS BIZNIZ like a comically large bike ridden by a drunkard in a disheveled xmas costume.

for the track carnival however, i’ll be needing something a bit more suitable. 55sq-ish, 170 cranks ±2.5mm. will bring my own shoes and pedals.

this is still all upintheair, as i’m usually tardy and let things happen as they happen. will be able to give a more definate answer of yes/no to racing when rego cutoff gets near.

so yeah, if either of these events appeal to you, and you have info/connections/other things to contribute, then please do.

dF

My mash is doing part time commuter duties currently, so you could set that up, although it has 165mm cranks on it currently… got wheels errywhere

gypsy has dubrats old kelly cx bike which is about a 54/55, and if recent history is anything to go by, he wont be racing it… #justsayin

Oh! Shots fired! Hahaha.
Mr dfunkt I can’t help you out with bikes but I’m probably going to enter the track carnival so will see you there.

Entering this for the week before.

Ipswich Track Carnival

Rumour is there’s a fair bit of coin up for grabs. Would love to roll with a deep FOA posse here.

56sq steel berretto with 170 (172.5 maybe) cranks you can use providing im up that week.

cross will be a lot of fun, and you can enter on the line, track carnival will be two weeks in advance.

i’ve talked it through with the extended family, and fitting in the KPCC track carnival is too much.
thanks for the track loan offers tmasz and scotty.

means i can dedicate my training to cx…#handupsarenotacrime

You can ride the Kelly duder! Just send me a PM and we can work it out.

#braaaaplyf

fuarck, i have been slack. pm incoming gyp.

When do you get here and where are you staying? Do you drink beer?

flying up this tuesday middle of the day. staying in carrara at my sister and bro-in-law’s place.
i do, and will be, drinking plenty of beer when i can.
most of what i do will be dependent on what my wife is doing, and who is looking after our 9 month old.
except the xmascx, i’m locked in for that, and hopefully bringing some extended family along (to drink and heckle).

cos it’s on a saturday, looks like i’ll be missing xmascx #sadface

#worklyf?

Noooo, Scotty, y u do this?

…what size is your bike?

worklyf… 56cm crux

w00t. Bags are packed, bike is setup, costume sorted, leaving shortly…see youse all soon.

So I’ve turned up at the KPCC track carnival to discover…there is no Elite B or C grade. Which means I get to race state record holders in A grade. I wish I’d known this 1. Before I bothered entering and 2. Before I bothered leaving my house to turn up. Mega sads. Looking forward to a bunch of DNF’s.

That sucks, pull an U19’s and take no turns for a chance at glory!