Possible Chainline Issues

Mine are 151 :slight_smile:

HOw big are the Austrian cups?
YOu guys do get that cups (standard 1" threaded headset) I have used a 1mm in OD too small dont you?

I get what you are saying: when you put a ‘standard’ 1" headset cup into your frame, the fit is too loose and you have a 1mm gap between the cup OD and the frame ID.

Something in the numbers doesn’t add though… your frame ID is 30.4, you headset cup is 30.2 (implying 0.2mm of play) yet you say there is 1mm of play.

Austrian cup OD is 30.8mm. I don’t know where you’d find one though.

etomato, good advice there regarding the mightys and 144=JIS and 151=ISO. That is consistent with mine.

^ good point but it’s almost impossible to measure accurately when the cup is in the head tube
I reckon you’re onto this perfectly SanEsteban.
I’ve emailed Diamant but have had no replies yet…
I’ll keep looking

azz, i haven’t read the entire thread, but if you are still having issues with chainline, check with user Jr Dacks who i sold the frame these came off. he can tell you what bottom bracket is fitted. it was a shimano item of sorts from memory, but this doesn’t really narrow it down.

Someone said try to talk to Hillbrick re headset issues…well I called and that was the worst customer service I have had in a long long time.
Dylan needs to get a tafe course on how to help a customer

Because the Grand Mightys were the top of the range Sugino track ones, and my head just knows this shit. :slight_smile:

You can run JIS on ISO and vice versa (unless you manage to bottom it out) The tapers are just about the same, it’s the size of the square hole in the crank that makes the difference on how far on it goes.

new wallpaper…thanks

Why are you still talking about grand mightys?

because you asked “Hey Gemm, How do you know the Mighty is ISO?”

I was trying to point out that the cranks in question are not Grand Mighty, but Mighty Competition.