Post Your CX ride

Great bike
“Not bad for $200 including postage” what a score

Interesting Alan you’ve got there. What is the date- late 80’s -early 90’s?
And how is the ride quality of carbon/aluminium lugs?

i like the ride, i am pretty small and weak so cant comment on flex. pretty light about 9 and a bit kilos. i havent ridden a 'proper’t alu or carbon bike so i cant compare it. but it is better than my last effort-the diamond back cross campus.

This is my rig at the moment, and i fitted full length fenders last night…

next purchase will be going back to the dark side and adding drops… except i’m going to go with some Salsa Woodchipper and SRAM SS levers. The cockpit will look much like this…

(looks like I’ll be going back to cantis, or perhaps some mini V’s)

getting pretty excited about having an all weather commutercross build!

Question - so I am keen to join some people on some mud rides - wondering if I could take my commuter if I put some knobbles on it?

Carbon
w/ sram force road set up (w/ reg road gearing and flat bar shifters) and mavic aksium wheelset. Would this unlikely do the job? Would I be able to do dirty deeds on it for example? Didn’t really know where to post this - I gues that if it is okay for mud then it is in the right place!

dude, that’s a well equipped bike. Chuck some knobbies on that thing and go and get dirty! There are no rules to having fun on the trails.

You’d be alright to ride in the open category at Dirty Deeds, as you don’t have drop bars…

you might want to angle those levers down to avoid broken wrists though…

^ Already done - that pic was the day I got it as it came out of the box. Degani mechanics had a few things off!
Sweet, well I am convinced. Cheers

yes, either in the open category with the flat bars, or in the CX category with drops.

If your in Melb keep checking the up for a mud ride thread I am looking to orgainse some cx rides in my neck of the woods down the maribyrnong .

I keep forgetting to post this:

More here

The brifters have been adjusted forward a little since the photo.

Parts List
Alpha cx20 fork
FSA Orbit-x headset
Campy Centaur 10sp
Shorty Ultimate cantis
Thomson post
Deda shallow newton bars
Deda zero stem
Elite cage
Fizik arione saddle
Yokozuna cables
N-gear jump stop

Carried over from the Basso:
DT swiss 340s laced to DT swiss RR2.1s
time atac rocs
knog NERD
salsa ti skewers

I like.

Gorgeous Cee

Looks real good!!

steel frame
velocity deep v’s laced to velocity disks (prob be the road set of wheels and a starter set)
racing ralph’s 700x35
SRAM apex groupo (just need a smaller big ring, recon ill run with 34/46 (currently 34/50)
bb7 disks
woodchipper bar
round 11kg with everything attached

stiff for out of saddle boogying, but nice smooth ride. Only done one ride with little offroad but recon with low pressure it should smash. Hanging to test on some singletrack.

Ill try to take some better pictures when i get time (only got it together last night)

Photos of my Ridley below:

Parts list:
Ridley crosswind frame
3T bar, stem, and post
Sram force cross groupset (with 46,34 crankset)
Gore sealed cables
Time atac pedals
Arione saddle
Avid ultimate brakeset
Challenge grifo clincher tires
Wheelet: 50mm carbon clincher rims (OEM seller from china), Reynolds hubs

It built up to 8.2kg with pedals so its pretty damn light.

Bring on Dirty Deeds.

Stu

damn…
looks awesome stu!

Hey Stu, love the Ridley. The hanger for your front brake, did you buy that separate or with the headset?

It’s an fsa cross specific headset with an integrated hanger. As it happens I have a spare one which i’ll be selling. Brand new and for a 1/1/8th integrated head tube.

Stu

Seems that top end is the way to go this season !!

WOW!! love every part of it.

Beautiful Stu, just perfect. What size is it by the way?