Post your roadie

No, it makes me laugh more than anything. I can’t be too hung up on this, or I’d live in a cave

The rule is don’t be a dick. Everything else is just a preference.

+1

I really don’t give a fuck about the rules. I just can’t stand white bartape, ever.

i like white bartape. it’s like hotel sheets. you know it shouldn’t feel nice, but it does.

Yeah there are many situations where white tape is acceptable. Track bikes a good example.

Another good example is whenever it’s paired with white hoods and a fluro orange S-Works :stuck_out_tongue:

Fuij Altamira 1.3 with full dura ace 9000. Mostly stock stuff but I changed the saddle over to an Arione and the bars to some 3T Ternova’s. I’ll get some proper cages soon, and if I have enough dough I’ll swap the wheels over to some Mavic Ksyrium Elites or something of the like for the rest of the junior road season. Saddle to bar drop is roughly around 190mm, BB to saddle top is 820mm, and it weigh’s in at 7kg’s.

Nice Isaac but don’t waste your money upgrading to Mavics, those wheels are fine, wait and get propped hand builts or race wheels.

im really feelin 9000, nice one mate.

Nice, 9000 is good kit.

Also, make that excess steerer tube useful, mount your garmin to the top of it.

2013 Focus Izalco Pro 3.0

First carbon road bike for me. Took it for a maiden ride yesterday and loving the feel of the frame.

Need to change the white tape though and awaiting some road pedals.

My second roadie and first full carbon.

Focus Izalco Team SL 4.0 2013
XL size.
Had it for about a month now and absolutely love every minute on it.

No carbon here, decade old aluminium.
Stripped all the paint to save weight, I guess the aesthetics are a pleasant byproduct of that.
Need to be as light as possible for this year’s Geelong-Launceston.

This is what it looked like before:

Mostly Ultegra 6500 but 105 brakes.

mixed bag of shimano, 7400 mechs, 600 cranks and brakes, 7700? hubs, sora 8sp indexed shifters, shimano levers, cinelli bar and stem, flite saddle, alloy seat post, rides good

Just a entry level road bike , but after riding rubbish and 2nd hand bikes , it’s my best friend .

I have had two defy’s and for a entry level bike I think it ticks all the boxes.

Oh yeah for sure …great bike for the grand mark , to better this , you need to go up to the 2500/more approx price range and get carbon and ultrgra , defy is great for my style of riding and does what I want it to do .

Hey all, first post. Wasn’t sure where else to stick it…

Name’s Mike, 33, I live in Melb, etc.

Sorry to say I only ride a roadie. Tried fixed and single a few times but just can’t get into the groove… I am a disappointing man, it’s true. I’m here because the other forums I’ve stumbled across don’t really appeal.

So, this is ‘T2’, my old '96 Trek 470 Fast Track. It’s nothing special, yet it’s the second one I’ve had. I bought the first one (T1, derr) off a mate after he found it at an op shop and restored it. Then I spotted this one parked up at Fed Square and decided I wanted it. Left a note for the owner and he sold it to me. I paid way too fucking much for it, but I dunno. I wanted it (and he could tell). Which is stupid as it’s not even a remotely special bike, but I dig it.

I got doored on T1 a few weeks later and dented the down tube a bit, so I lent it to a mate who was just getting into cycling (the dent wasn’t so bad, but it annoyed me) and started riding T2. So I guess shit worked out.

It started life with a 7spd RSX group and some shitty wheels I can’t recall the brand of. Later on, I recruited some mates to help me with an upgrade to a Tiagra/105 group (still has the RSX calipers though), and they ended up doing most of the work because I’m a shit mechanic. So that’s handy… also added a pair of old Mavic Cosmics and a Nitto stem.

And while they’re not shown in this shot, I also added some SPDs as my intro to clipless.

So all in all, it’s nothing special, but I ride it a lot and I love the thing and that’s pretty much it I guess.

Right now it’s in with Elle at Jetnikoff getting the freewheel looked at (it’s decided to stop engaging), and a new headset. And I miss it.

Cheers!

Long story is long. Sorry.

Hi Mike. Nice bike.