powder coating

hi does anyone know a good cheap place to get a frame powder coated. i have been quoted about 120 for blasting and then coating it is that about as good as it get
cheers

try out ‘southside power coaters’ i think hes prices were aout $60-$80 if not cheaper, for blast and powder.

wicked cheers for that

Mate got his for $80 with his uncles friend, full cost. But not sure where. Sorry.

yeah south side powdercoaters on zeta street in o’connor. they’re pretty good and really cheap. theres a place in bayswater called JD’s or something like that which does metallic powdercoats as well, he’s around 80 bucks or so and outsources the sandblasting so takes a little longer.

I just got a frame done at southside for $70. Did an immaculate job, no problems whatsoever. Huge range of colours as well. I got mine done a metallic onyx black

Btw, that $70 included blast AND coat. Some other places wanted to charge 50-60 just for coating.

Try SBR Powdercoat in Bayswater (9272 2095)

We get work done there, speak to Cliff.

I have two frames i want coated,

does anyone want to do a group thing…maybe get a better price?

Thanks for th info guys - I’ve got a frame that needs doing… might make some calls!

If im getting a frame painted at ‘southside’ do i need to tape up the areas that i dont wanted painted on the frame? or will they do that after sand blasting?

cheers.

plug the bottom bracket threads and head tube. I had a frame done at southside recently and he just inserted rolled up paper into the frame. Needless to say, the bottom bracket was a bitch to get back in, as were the headset cups.

Go to Pal and Panther, 31 Angove St North Perth. They do a great job. Sand blast, powder coat, clear coat.
You can usually haggle them down to 45 bucks

Powder coating is by far the youngest of the surface finishing techniques in common use today. It was first used in Australia about 1967.
Powder coating is the technique of applying dry paint to a part. The final cured coating is the same as a 2-pack wet paint. In normal wet painting such as house paints, the solids are in suspension in a liquid carrier, which must evaporate before the solid paint coating is produced.
In powder coating, the powdered paint may be applied by either of two techniques.
The item is lowered into a fluidised bed of the powder, which may or may not be electrostatically charged, or
The powdered paint is electrostatically charged and sprayed onto the part.
The part is then placed in an oven and the powder particles melt and coalesce to form a continuous film.
karlburke
Lomi Lomi massage is like no other massage you may have experienced holistic healing

There are two main types of powder available to the surface finisher:

Thermoplastic powders that will remelt when heated, and
Thermosetting powders that will not remelt upon reheating. During the curing process (in the oven) a chemical cross-linking reaction is triggered at the curing temperature and it is this chemical reaction which gives the powder coating many of its desirable properties.

informative, but spammy. ergh!
Post no longer relevant.
Enjoy your day folks!

spammy how, they are legit

There was another now deleted post with a wikipedia copy on powdercoating and a link to massage…

any of the powder coaters nominated in this forum do carbon forks??

Powder coating something that’s not metal, while possible, is a pretty different process. So I don’t like your chances

Found out we have one at school the other day, know what i’m gonna be doing …