Primate Road Bike

Looks sensational.

Cancer?

One flat so far, in 360kms. We’ll see how they hold up… I’ve also heard rumblings about the CMs, after I bought em… Will get a guard support soon :slight_smile:

I’ve already got a set of paul mediums, there’s just a minor issue with getting a rear hanger high enough to allow enough cable pull. Paul does a seatpost mounted hanger which I’ll probably try.

Yeh, kept it kinda quiet: I like to maintain an air of mystery.
Avatar is Spagett! Youtube it, you’ll lol.

Duncan: had testicular cancer last year, where you been man? (Apart from riding Bromptons…)

strongly endorsed.

the only problem is that it isnt my size.

may you continue to have many kms of enjoyment on it. a bike that you love riding is the best bike indeed.

This ^ My problem too. I threw my leg over the other day and the saddle passes right out from under me.

I can hear/see/look at how grand it is, but sadly will never feel the ride…

Great piece of kit Jono, Likey!

Texted you.

This forum might also need a “Post your mudguards” thread.

Only just saw the thread. I had the pleasure of having a good look at this bike on said ride, and it is really nice. The brake bridge is my favourite feature. Glad it all came together for you Jono. Looking forward to seeing how it evolves as well.

Fuck, that is a weird looking fixie.

i heard your fenders rattle… you figured out how to sort that out…? its the worse thing in the world.

then you run deep section wheels with extenders you get a ticking sound ever rev of the wheel that just drives you crazy…
a one inch piece of plastic tape fixes the problem but it takes weeks or even months to learns this on your own.
how you going with that?

truly a nice present to yourself Jono!

Yeh, you only live once.

As for the guards, I’ve sorted the rear. The front will be easy, and Blakey reckons one more support is needed. The front only makes a slight rattle when one or both hands are off the bars anyway, it’s not a big deal.

I would love to own a bike like this - something that is exactly you want it, one that you couldn’t imagine never wanting to sell.
Rock solid build. Stoked for you man.

Spagett!: Tim and Eric Awesome Show… wild.

Really you don’t say… :rolling fucking eyes:

Glad you on top of the rattles… They can drive you mad!

Love the skull on the head tube Jono it’s a beautiful bike.

Hey Jono… Just saw this thread. Bike looks great. Sounds like all the prep was worthwhile.

Yeh, thanks mate. The whole process took so long I started to second guess myself as to how correct Hoggy’s geo was. Shouldn’t have worried though, it’s spot on. For anyone thinking of going custom, I’d highly recommend seeing someone like Hogg.

Custom rules Jono… And that’s a fact you can confirm!

Hell yeh. Couldn’t be happier.

I looked at a custom frame but my fit pointed me into a suitable stocker. :smiley:

I will go see him eventually. You and Rhys have had a good experience and he has quite a reputation beyond that. I wish he didn’t fuck around with magnets though! I just need to decide on what style of bike I want… I think something like yours with discs, which means I’ll be waiting for hydro road calipers/levers.

Hahaha, just saw this.