QLD Cyclocross 2016

i mean its great and all, but i think she could work on her sentence structure a little. :wink:

Another cracking round Qld Cx!
I did lel at that Geoff. brilliant.

ā€œHey dad, hey dad, is that DK?ā€ Best call of the day from Maaike in the carpark this morning.

Was happy to get to watch some of the racing today after missing out yesterday.

Hope the courses we put together were interesting enough for those that raced. Was fun to peg the course and go, if we off camber this bit and then get them to do a 180 and then down there and back up that bit.

Well done to the #kentklub for dominating the Open category today.

Onya Nelson for winning Expert.

what a bloody great weekend! thanks to all who helped, and the #prosickkent cheer squad was in fine form, who would have thought a trumpet rendition of sandstorm could be that good!

ā€œBringing the ruckusā€ looked excellent via social media.

and as far as I can tell, we didnā€™t offend anyone directly, so thatā€™s always a plus

Not even with the pasta?

There was probably a pastafarian out there who was taking a back with the blatant pasta wastage, or as they could have perceived it

Iā€™m disappointed DK got involved in the Carb loading so late in the raceā€¦ who knows what could have happened if he did it on the first lapā€¦

Racing this Sunday.

Forecast is 13-23, mostly sunny, 5% chance of rain, winds west to southwesterly 15 to 20 km/h becoming light during the morning.

http://www.qldcx.com/?tribe_events=sram-cyclocross-series-round-2

Looking at getting Nicole and Maaike along for the balance bike race and spectating the rest of the races.

Scott rocking up for work.

That is actually the fattest looking scott Iā€™ve seen in a while. shame.

Having a ā€œwho ate all the piesā€ moment?

FWIW Iā€™ve gained 5kg since I stopped regular riding in April after I crashed.

[video=youtube_share;aqTPwMJTPB4]http://youtu.be/aqTPwMJTPB4[/video]

oi kids, we need to step up the cx game over summer, brad is off the clock now, i foresee the need to implement some sort of committee of organisers, and maybe a committee of advisors, we need some serious fundraising to happen over summer perhaps too, thereā€™s a lot of equipment thatā€™s love funded that we might be able to replace with cash and dollarydooos

Big ups to Brad for taking it on for so long. Well done!

And good thinking for planning ahead Scott

Id love to be involved but realistically time is not on my side with full time job, freelance on the side and 2 young kids. I will keep in the loop and help out where I can though.

I can provide web hosting and possibly some design (time pending) for freezies if required, or if anyone has ideas for cool webstuff related to QLD CX hit me up and ill see what i can do. I have some contacts with some web dev students who might be keen for projects as well :slight_smile:

thanks jeremy

Just been approached by QLDMTB regarding dates for next years Sunshine series races.

Theyā€™re trying not to clash with possible CX races, of which I showed them this years dates, i.e. one race a month, May, June, July, August plus Nat rounds in July.

Theyā€™re meeting up with MTBA next week.

Told them Iā€™d post here and see what comes from it.

There was also mention of combining a MTB race day with a CX race day at the same venue, to generate a bit of cross pollination and sharing of beers post race.

Is Lonnie still running QLDMTB?
Also, DRCC have run a cx race in conjunction with their Sunshine Series race for the last two years.

Lonnie is still there, heā€™s looking at stepping back for next year, but he came and saw me about the dates thing.