Queensland state velodrome (qsv)

#escalate. I’d like to be in A-Grade by the time this opens :slight_smile:

11 Dec 2014 , by Cycling QLD
The new Queensland State Velodrome will be located alongside the Brisbane Super X BMX Track at Sleeman Sports Complex and will provide a new centre of excellence for cycling in Queensland.

As Queensland’s first indoor velodrome, this new world class facility will attract elite training squads and competition events to further the development of cycling in Queensland.

The new velodrome will be more than just a track cycling facility and the in-field area will have capacity to provide for a range of additional sport and recreation uses through the provision of mixed-use sports courts.

The velodrome is scheduled to be completed in mid-2016 and will host the Track Cycling competition for the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth GamesTM.

This project is jointly funded by the Queensland Government and Australian Government.

https://www.flickr.com//photos/115330823@N02/sets/72157644734629999/show

//youtu.be/ugGDJOnJcH4

Yay finally

high zoot action

Makes me wish I was racing track in Brisbane. Indoor tracks are definitely a step up from outdoor ones and it’ll be nice for racing to continue during summer storms.

What a time to be alive! Anyone racing track before yesterday can now claim OG status. #FOArealassGs

might have to start talking the wife into a 4th bike so i can ride track

it will take until 2016 to break her down

I’m sure folks here can help with cheap parts to get a bike rolling if you come up with a frame and fork and cranks etc.

Nice shot of the QLDCX kit at the end!

its not so much the cost, as the fact it is FOUR bikes, why the hell do you need FOUR bikes!

im sure i can swing it eventually :wink: dont have time to ride track or anything else atm anyway, so no biggie!

Couple of flix here…

German company, Sportbau Schurmann GBH will design and build the velodrome track using their own patented design.

The Queensland State Velodrome will feature a ‘wide track’ which favours team pursuit cycling and is advantageous for training young cyclists because the bends are not as steep as narrower tracks.

new artist impression up…

puts that super x track into perspective!