Racing on the new Bundahdome starts this week

The Canberra Cycling Club is pleased to announce the inaugural Autumn Track Series, with Round 1 on Saturday 29 March.

The Autumn Series will run from 29 March to 31 May and include at least 7 Rounds of great racing… Riders will be given a variety of races to suit both the sprinters and the enduros, and juniors will also be well catered for.

[ul]
[li]Track opens at 1pm for warmup[/li]> [li]Racing commences 2pm and finishes at 4pm[/li]> [li]Riders will need a gold race licence to participate[/li]> [li]Fee: $10 seniors (u17 and above), $3 juniors.[/li]> [/ul]
Autumn Track Series Race Schedule 2014

[ul]
[li]29 March – Round 1 - Scratch, Elimination, 3up sprint, Italian pursuit[/li]> [li]5 April - Round 2 - Scratch, 1 lap TT, Keirin, Scratch[/li]> [li]12 April - ACT OMNIUM CHAMPS[/li]> [li]19 April – NO RACING, EASTER WEEKEND[/li]> [li]26 April - Round 3 - Scratch, Handicap, Elimination[/li]> [li]3 May - Round 4 - Scratch, 3up sprint, points[/li]> [li]10 May - NO RACING, CANBERRA WOMEN’S AND JUNIOR TOUR[/li]> [li]17 May - Round 5 - Scratch, 1 Lap TT, Elimination, Scratch[/li]> [li]24 May - Round 6 - Scratch, 200 Fly, Mystery Scratch[/li]> [li]31 May – Round 7 - Scratch, Handicap, Italian Pursuit, breakup[/li]> [/ul]

I’ll be there

Do you know if i’d need a CCC membership to participate in any of these? My track bike is finally completed and I’d love to give it a whirl at Bundah

I think you just need a CA gold licence, it doesn’t matter which club. If you don’t have one it’d pay to ask about a 3 race licence

Bigadz do you have a track bike? I know in clubs like Brunswick in Melb they lend bikes, but here I’m not sure. I’d be really keen to give it a go, but will need a track-friendly bike - my fixie is not suitable for that.

Mouche: what Bigadz said, you’ll need some kind of CA licence, generally you can buy licences just for a couple races if you don’t want to invest in a year-long one.

Vikings has loaners

Just heard from the Keepers of the Track that noobs need to do three training sessions with coaches before being allowed to race in order to learn racecraft etc.

sounds good!

I got out there watched most of the races. The turn out wasn’t huge, but there were enough for 4 grades. It was especially good to see about 10 kids/young teens out there giving it a go.

whereabouts is it? would love to watch on the 5th

At the end of Kyeema ‘Street’, which is actually an unpaved carpark driveway

ahhhh sweet. mnight come down on the 5th to have a squizz