rAdelaide Rabbits Roadie Run, Easter w/end?

OK after a bit of loose conversation in the spotted thread, I thought I’d start this.

Thought it might be cool to have a casual hookup ride with anyone who is interested.

I’m not fussed about being the captain or primary motivator, just thought I’d float it and let the interested parties discuss decide what happens.

Ideally I was thinking gears and at least 70 odd k’s of riding at a casual pace to allow a bit of chatting and friendly challenging in an occasional sprint or climb or something for shits and giggles.Definitely not a training paced serious face affair. Hills , Coast not fussed. Anyone got a tried and tested route? Rusty you mentioned a tenners? Run to me the other day.

Start from Vic Sq perhaps as it’s central.
Morning/ Mid morning to early arvo?

I’m out for Saturday/Sunday, so from my point it’s either Friday or Monday.

Discuss

I’d be keen. I’m out on weekends too. Monday anytime and Friday morning are good for me.

I’m in, Friday or Monday would be the best.

Tentatively looking at an 8am hookup in Vic Square perhaps? Too early?
If it pans out to be Monday I’d rather be up and off the roads before midday as all the weekenders start to filter back in a rush to make it home. 7 day weather forecast will play a role as we get nearer as well.

Non la biere apres velo on Friday. But i’m in, Anyone want to ride some gravel? Belair to Ironbank then Clarendon would be good.

I happy to do whatever. I’ll be on the roadie, in Lycra, with 23mm tyres, so not too much gravel… But other than that, I’m keen as, bro.

I was anglin black top, so if Y’all wanna go gravel I’m out. My roadie with it’s fat rubber has like a cigarette paper thickness between frame and tyre and dirt and shit just scuffs and makes noise.

Monday is out for me, as I may be late back from a Goolwa trip on Sunday, and want at least one sleep in, in this whole goddamn w/end.

I’m plannin to be Vic Square(fontana) at 8am Friday Morning, and leaving 8.10 for a ride to somewhere, with a coffee or two involved.

Might be keen if I can get my road bike in working order by then.

ok Dave, if I can get out of bed that early I’ll see ya for Friday morning

Course ya can, I’m pretty sure a coupla easters back when I went for a ride with you we hooked up at 8 and then rode to the Towers, before heading off.
Anyone else in with us yet??? Jolan, Hugo???

???

Keen, but I will have to do some buttering up to go ether Friday or Monday.

Let the brownie point gathering begin

Laid the groundwork on the weekend and broke the news tonight. All good.

Yeah I know… I was just fishin to see if that time was cool for you .

I’m in for roll as it looks like ‘Mancation’ may not be heading off until Saturday or Sunday.
70km hills ride sounds pretty good to me.
Cheers.

If I’m coming I’m riding the Riv’. I’ll carry all your junk in my trunk.

I may be interested if I can drag myself out of bed in time, tho that may depend on if it’s a hills ride or not as I’m new to the whole geared bike thing and my brain is sadly easily confused

Hang with me, I’ll be in the rear, with the gear.

that extra cycle wil hold a carton and ice easy…