Raleigh Sprite 5 - mixte - SS for the wifey

So the wifey wasnt really impressed when i built her singlespeed out of an old repco traveller and left over parts i had. I came across this 70s/80s Raliegh Sprite 5 while looking at another vintage race frame (thread on that in the future).

The first thing that drew me was the frame, i just really liked the lines, pretty funky i thought, perfect for the wifes single speed.

So stripped it down, wire brush back to bare metal. Wife chose a ‘fresh green’, shouldve just called it ‘Bianchi Green’ 8-), and transfered over the running gear.

Pics

Nice colour. Looks minty :slight_smile:

Cheers mate, yeh, i guess thats why its called “fresh green” :smiley:

i wanna get a girlfriend just so i can build one like this and impress all my friends

or secretly build it saying its for the missus but deep inside wanted it for yourself :wink:

thats not gonna happen.

haha you read me too well

or secretly build it saying its for the missus but deep inside wanted it for yourself

i would take it out when noone was watching and scoot around the block then hide it away again

Mixte FTW!

hahah just wiki’d that, might see what it looks like with a different stem and drops…hahah

I’m surprised your wife would accept anything except pink as the colour.

looks real nice.

cheers mate :slight_smile: The wife actually chose the colour, she wanted a baby blue of some sort or a pale green, i guess this was sort of both in one :wink:

There is no way i could disagree on the colour choice :smiley:

hahah hi 5