RAM

After riding my steamroller for about 18months I started to feel it was a bit small, so I sold it to a friend in Canberra and then started looking for another project. I had thoughts of getting an Apollo Record, but couldn’t get one in a size I was happy with so I ended up buying this ram frame a month or two ago.

Frame and fork: RAM 64cm*58cm.
Wheels: 36h Gran Compe laced to Velocity Aeroheads with DT spokes.
Cranks: Sugino75 165mm with an Alien 46t chainring that I got in a swap.
Stem and bars: 110mm technomic stem with Azonic risers and Fly tubo grips.
Saddle and post: Rolls and cheapo seatpost which hopefully I can replace with a silver Thomson if I find one for a bargain.
Tyres: Gatorskin in the front and a $15 tyre from cyclic. This tyre slides really well, but is pretty useless for slowing down.

Im running a 46*19 ratio, which is really cruisy, probably a little too much but ill see how it goes…

I’m pretty happy with how it rides, its a lot more solid than I expected.

Any questions, let me know.

Thanks.

happy too see this got built up! now you don’t have to pull my wheel out from beneath me on your bmx

looks awsome rhys.

possibly the biggest track bike on the streets in melbourne? :evil:

That fork is tight as.

now you can walk the bike with me without crotching down

Hey Moe she looks good. I’m glad you bought it too, takes the temptation away from me :wink:

that thing is a monster…

I took that bad boy down gutters for 3 years and it stayed true. I’m glad it went to a good home.

…that’s what she said!

Thanks for the comments, I’m fairly happy with it all.

Those are some nice TIGHT clearances in the fork

Saw you riding along Flemington Road on Tuesday… about ten to 4 I guess…

Probably on my way home from work.
I don’t remember seeing anyone on flemington road riding fixed, but I could have been off in my own world.

Nah, was in a car, on my way home from picking my girlfriend up at the airport.

oooo sam’s girlfriend, sam has a g, g, g, girlfrieeeend!

its still going strong.
now geared at 50:19

Sweet ride, same frame size and gearing as mine but your seat looks a little higher… 6’6"?

cheers mate.
yeah 6’6"!

i stole my sisters front wheel from her mountain bike and then put a 1.1inch stelvio on it so i can do bar spins out the front of my house, and then put my real front wheel on for anything else.
my bike rides really bad with this front wheel and im happy i didnt spend alot of money on a 650!

SO BIG!, looks sweet though

did you guys ever think to stop riding bikes, and buy a basketball? :slight_smile: