Rapha Film Premier

I am so most definitely yes to this event.
Most definitely yes.

agreed.

//youtu.be/bZy4kvb8l7Q

i am in agreement with you. wanna get a sammich sometime?

anyone go to this?

was it epic?

so epic it came back from the future to be screened before it’s screened!!!

ie- it’s this weekend, rolly.

oh.

that’s how excited i am for trigger

(In My Opinion): Rapha was the goods in the early days. I bought a pair of their classic knicks early on and after a few ride they became my favs. They still are but then I have a few that are as good and weren’t as $$$. That can be said for all their other gear. You won’t be disappointed with it (although you may be upset by the fact that heaps of other people rock the same kit)

Then they started with the videos. Cool little snippets at first, just enough to make you admire the cinematography and make you want to ride. And with no talking.

Then, like in life, the Americans came in a screwed it up…

They talked.

They talked about how epic it is to ride on gravel (I’m pretty sure the invention of the bicycle predates bituminous roads so it’s not exactly a novel idea), they started into the distance, they when for rides in what admittedly were some pretty sweet places but they ruined it all by talking. Describing too many feelings, how the ride was hard/long/eeeepppppiccccc and how they were looking forward to suffering so much the next day (the real suffering would have been listening to their crap all day long). Did anyone ever notice that each time they were entered into an “event” they never posted a result? Oh and what the shit is a “Continental” anyway?!?

There was a brief glimpse of hope when there was the Aus video of the “great alpine loop” a hard arse ride, well filmed and the only dude talking was some old boy that you actually wanted to listen to (and he had results on the board).

I’ve not seen the new video but I have this to say about it: my mate was going to be part of it, until at the last minute he got pulled for (and I quote, hence the quotation marks) “he’s not Rapha-enough”… my mate has spent the last 3 seasons racing for a continental team in Belgium and has also set the fastest time for the 3 peaks challenge the last couple of years. But, you know, he doesn’t stand around at crits wearing a cafe hat*

*a cafe hat is a cap that you keep in a sufficiently worn in musette whilst riding, when it comes time to take the helmet off you remove the one you were wearing under that then swap it for the pristine “cafe hat”

Sorry not really sure where I was going with all of that

^i like this guy.

^ If I was you I wouldn’t go to this film or continue buying their riding gear.

breaking away is a rad movie.

me too. i think it was mainly the use of the word ‘bituminous’. that’s a good word.

I liked that stream-of-consciousness style rant too.

And I love the word ‘bituminous’. One of my favorite terms (and there were many) that I have retained from my Architecture days is Bituminous Felt.
(Waterproof membrane in roll form used on trafficable roofs, etc. If anyone cares. So far off topic, soz.)

They should have played that dude eating a sandwich, what a self indulgent piece of crap.

Waste of time and cash.

But hey it was Rapha, I was warned.