Raw Steamroller

YES! this is the elite content I have been looking for.

at one point kate & i were hauling our bikes and gear over a wall of earthfilled bags near a spillway drop where the entire hillslope was gone and in the process of reconstruction. taught us to try to take the quiet road around a tunnel and ignore the landslide sign ‘how bad could it be, the tarmac’s probably just a little damaged?’

next time I’ll loan you dyno lights as well as rinko bags :wink:

LOL
“How bad could it be” were literally the exact words we would say.
We’d too easily fool ourselves. we’d see the signs with big X’s, but the road would look ok,
“Fuck it, How bad could it be right?” and it would be fine for the first few Kms, we’d be like “Eh, must have been an old sign, this road is fine.” so you keep riding, then BAM. Roads gone. replaced my boulders and now wed have to backtrack 10km.

Man, that first night though. I was grumpy at Anna because i thought she wasnt riding fast enough, and she was all pissed off at me for being grumpy at her, but when we got to that landslide. and realised what deep shit we were in (no lights, no camping gear, no food left, except a handfull of almonds, no phone coverage and the last building we saw was maybe like 20km back)
its amazing how quickly you go from grumpy to, “Ok we gotta get out of this shit. cos we got a kid and according to that sign we passed a while back, apparently wild pigs are bad.”
it’ll really reset your mood.

wild pigs are based af ngl

2 Likes