Rebuild my taco šŸŒ® MTB 27.5 front wheel

I have had a number of hope hubs in the past - these latest ones are a lot quieter.
My WI free hub seems to be louder. If you want loud, go Industy Nine hubs.

Iā€™m still on my light bicycle hookless rims on my 29er hardtail. They were built with DT revs by a novice, ocassional builder (me) and havenā€™t been a problem. I even re-dished the front wheel a couple of weeks ago for boostage (after maybe 2 years with them? I dunno, maybe less) and they were totally happy with itā€¦ I was expecting a fight, but thats kudos more to the nipples/spokes/prep than rims. Iā€™ve hit the rear rim hard many times, and very hard once and its good. they weigh about as much as the old crests, are about 22mm internal I think, cost 180USD each. (edit, I should add that a mate has the same rims and exploded one on a side-on (POWERSLIDEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY) impact with a rock and it exploded. Not so much that the wheel caved in, but the rim had a big crack through where sealant was blowing outā€¦ we were kings walking back to the carparkā€¦ Maybe Ezy was there that day? On slick rock? with T2? hahaha!)

The prices that are being mentioned in this thread are bloody spine chillingly high.

Also, Iā€™ve picked up many sets of hope hoops, theyā€™ve been excellent, without exception. If they still do them through CRC or evans or similar, theyā€™re definitely worth a look. The only thing is that they use pukey black spokes instead of gleaming silver.

So specced a hope to stans arch build on CRC and it comes to $810 aud delivered. Guess thatā€™s what buying power and scale gets you. Just the front is $330. In hindsight, perhaps i should have just bought that and sold the spare dt hub (or hung the damn wheel on my wall as a reminder not to get bent out of shape in the air).

Rim fixed. Bit more internal width. Looking forward to swinging it into some berms in anger!

• scab tax. Cat wouldnā€™t sit still.