Recommend Me Some Tyres

Thank you Ezy for making me realise this is exactly the tyre I was looking for. And to think it was right under my nose the entire time. Looks like I’ll be doing a Schwalbe order tomorrow morning. :smiley:

Do you want me to review their bag as well? Haha, one of the blokes at work has one.

You’re going to have to some pretty solid reviewing to convince me I need one of those!

I am not sure why, but he really likes them. So much so that he got a whole bunch custom made for him to sell at an event he is organising.

Ride the Kow Messenger Red - Self Propelled Enterprises

file treads (like the sammy slick/michellin jets/vittoria xns) will always be sketchy in mud, they are however excellent in hardpack and sand.

the better ones have good, (often graduated) tall side knobs to allow for quality cornering traction without sacrificing tyre contact etc.

i have heard lots of good stories about challenge tyres in terms of suppleness and tread, however this is outweighed by a lot of comments about how easily they puncture.

i’ve been enjoying my michellin jets, but havent really hit the trails on them in anything too wet.

Unfortunately sliced the sidewall of my front sammy slick last week. Church street, glass on the road at the lights. Put two pieces of tube in as a liner, but it bulges a bit and is likely to die soon.

So was looking at getting a replacement, plus getting a set of racing ralph’s for cx purposes. The 2012 ones look sweet, and found some great prices at bike24.com, ordering from Germany is definitely worth it atm. Will get back with a review in a few weeks.

Thanks all - what PSI are people running the Sammys when commuting by road?

Mine arrived today. I guess I have one other question - how have people found them to handle in wet conditions?

I run mine at about 40psi… but I ride firetrail on the way to work as well.

you had a good chance to try them out this arvo/evening in Melb

I would’ve but I didn’t get a chance to check them in and couldn’t be bothered hanging around at work to fit them. Tomorrow though!

Thread dig, cx season is round the corner and my Clement MXPs are looking worse for wear.

The tubeless MXPs seem to be out of stock in most of the usual places, any other recommendations for tubeless ready allrounder 33s?

The company’s had a name change. Search for Donnelly MXP.

Thanks, did not know that.

I wonder if Donn Kellogg is any relation to Tom Kellogg. Interesting how it panned out, the initial license to get the uptake happening, then being confident enough that the product can continue on without it.

Either did I. Really like my Clement Stradas on my roadie, good to know they’re still going under the new name.