resolutions.

Read books
Blakey has helped and encouraged me to start reading again which I have really enjoyed. I find myself reaching for a novel now instead of turning on the Playstation. Whilst I still enjoy video games, I am definitely growing out of it. I am looking to read 12 books this year.

Explore
Vee and I have set a goal to get out and explore once a month. We started with a 22km walk to Mt Kosciuszko the other day. The deal is that on the current adventure, we have to lock in what we are doing the next adventure and set aside a date for it. We have the next one sorted and locked in.

Experience
I want to fill up my memory bank. I want stories to tell. Some of this will come from the above but I want to say yes to more things. To not be scared of the situation I could find myself in and just go with the flow. I have already put my hand up to help Rohan Anderson (author, cook - http://www.newhere.com.au) to cook for a custom motorbike show in Braidwood in March.

I would like to share my time more, to put my hand up to help people out. Not to be the one who is always asking for other peoples help.

Capture
I am aiming to keep taking photos, to understand exactly what I need to with the camera to achieve the image I have in my head. With this I would like to create a site to showcase images and perhaps tell some stories along the way.

Yoga
To develop a habit of yoga, mainly for stretching and keeping the body moving. I found late last year my body started giving me grief, knee and back pain was becoming an issue.

They look good Ezy, and good strike rate on last years for a list with lots of big ticket items on it.

I want to finish this year with a plan for our house, but not jump the gun with excitement and do something half-baked.

Also, keep Ev pumped about climbing, I’m still convinced it can and will be a good outlet to escape the general madness that is growing up a kid these days.

you should talk to that ‘mayorofcanberra’ bloke on insta. He is supremely helpful and generous with his time and local knowledge.

lol let me queer eye for the straight guy you.

I reckon you would like these:

or just buy some second hand commes des garcon and be done with it.

or just look at what Nagesh is wearing he is v. well dressed (the secret is linen…)

do ittt!!!

FAIL – No yoga. Knee pain is an issue

I haven’t even thought of 2019’s goals. I will come back to this one.

I haven’t even thought of 2019’s goals. I will come back to this one.

1. Get rid of a lot of the things;
  2. Learn a new surf tune each month;
  3. Get knees and hips and ankles working again (achieve a full squat…and arthritis be damned!)

Can’t think of anything work-related, just yet.

2017 resolutions were quickly forgotten and turned in to 2018 resolutions.

New job at dept of home affairs and good at it ✓ ✓
Watch all godfather movies back to back ✗
More vegan activism, decided while i like my life choices idgaf about this ✗
Run a marathon ✗
Run a parkrun 5k sub 20min. Didn’t do a parkrun, did go out on my own and do a 15:32 5k ✓
Ride 600km solo in 24h hours ✗
Improve FTP from 5.2w/kg to 5.5w/kg and improve 5min beyond 6.6w/kg. Pushed FTP to 5.78w/kg and 5min to 7.34w/kg ✓✓
Improve posture, thank god yes finally started to improve ✓✓✓
Do core exercise consistently. Yes! ✓✓✓
Win a race, won 3 and never finished outside of top 4 ✓✓✓✓✓

EDIT: Eat a burrito with kit christopher. My fav resolution. ✓

2019 goals:
Improve my job related skills and move in to a higher position.
Start fitting in 30mins of gym 3 times a week.
Manage time better.
Win more races.
Go back to Taiwan and Japan.
Eat another burrito with Kit Christopher.

1. Finally start selling my beer
  2. Fly to California to do some training in a big famous craft brewery (invited by the owner)
  3. Build my oh so 90s race roadie
  4. Go bike camping at least 5 times
  5. Pay off all debt but student loans
  • Financial plan is going great, we should have done this years ago.
  • 2nd in Class, though this was the fastest I’ve ever been.
  • I dabbled with yoga middle of 2018, have started again over the holidays. Really enjoying it, though at this stage it is a solo hobby.

• Continue with yoga.
  • Stay on financial path.
  • 1:35 at Winton.

Best to send some to me first so I can check that it’s suitable for the market.

bloody hell.

I want to do more cardio this year, i really let it go and go and go last year.

Fail. Started off okay for a month or two and then the alcohol expenditure blew out. Never recovered either. I probably read about 15 books, so no shortage of reading - just too much drinking.

This year:
Daily yoga and meditation practice.
Go for regular long rides, preferably in the hills.

You’re just buying the wrong books.

Ha ha, this is true. I did consider buying the full edition of the Oxford Dictionary at one point.

It’s obvs been a prick of a year in 2020, but also feel like it might’ve been a time of reflection, so has anyone got resolutions for 2021…?

2020 was a bastard of a year in so many ways, but I think it has allowed a lot of people to see aspects of their life they don’t really like and how they can change them, it did for me at least.

My resolutions for 2020 are so cliche it’s not funny, but what the hey.

• Ride more, with no commuting at the moment I’m struggling to get any time on the bike. Really just need to push myself to get out there and ride for the sake and enjoyment of it.

• Continue exercising consistently, really does wonders for my mood and mental state.

• Get the house to a ‘finished’ state. Garage, deck, landscaping, gardens, it’s all just time, money and/or hard yacka.

• Sell all of the crap I don’t use, buy less rubbish, buy quality and appreciate what I have.

• Invest more of my time in creative hobbies e.g. - use the brazing kit I bought a few months ago and learn how to braze, make things?

• Continue studying and kicking goals. If 2020 taught me one thing, its that I don’t particularly like what I do to earn a living.

• Waste less time meaninglessly scrolling social media on my phone

• Share more on social media, completely contradictory to the above but it makes sense in my mind.

• Explore more. Get out of the house, take day trips, eat in new places, see new sights. Take more photos.

• Appreciate and support my partner more

• Get married

TL;DR - just be a better person.

3 Likes

Lose weight and lots of it.
Not commuting 2.5hrs per day isn’t helping especially when the fridge and pantry are so handy now 24/7.

Continue to ride consistently now that I’m back on the wagon, drop a few more kilos.

Drastically cut down my phone use. I have A PLAN.

REJECT MODERNITY, RETURN TO TRADITION.

1 Like