Restaurant Melb CBD

Hey lads

Coming down on Tuesday for Mrs Dubrats Bday.

Need some suggestions for a restaurant for nice meal in the CBD

Any help

Cheers

Dubrat

Budget, style, casual or fine, etc?

PM24

Cumulus Inc

Vue de Monde

The European

Yu-u (Japanese)

Mo Vida

All pretty good for a date. I’m pretty out of touch though; only been back in town for a little while. I’d definitely book too, even on a Tuesday.

No budget…

No real style…

Good food and good atmosphere needed…

This. The quintessential modern Melbourne restaurant, great food, no pretensions.

Where are you staying?

I’ll add:

Chin Chin
Mamasita
Bar Lourinha

Ah yeah, I was trying to remember that one. Haven’t eaten there, but popped in for a drink once. A bit more intimate than some of the others, and food looked excellent.

Chin Chin is another Melbourne classic, as you say.

Cumulus Inc really is quintessential Melbourne though. The upstairs area is really nice too.

Longrain is good if you go early(no bookings), Red Spice road is also good. (And all the ones already listed too)

Go to Von Haus for a drink…

Ginger Boy
Paco’s Tacos

Epocha - sent Beaker there the other day and they seemed to like it - very good with preparing food to any diet also.

If you want certainty avoid chin chin, cumulus etc due to no reservations. If you are set on cumulus style food - cutler & co could be a good alternative.

+1 to all of the above though. Gill’s Diner is also a favourite of ours.

Yes! Excellent!

FoA has decided, you’re going to Cumulus Inc. Get there early, have a drink, wait for a table, eat fantastic food, leave happy.

I’ll also second Cumulus. (and any other McConnell restaurant for that matter)
But, here’s how you really do it. You can’t book, so if you get there and it’s a 20 minute wait, give them your number and head over the laneway to Kenzan, explain to the Kenzan people that you’ve got 20 min’s before your film starts and you’re just wondering if it’s possible to jump on the (always booked out) sushi bar - because they know you’ll be out in 20, they usually say yes. - Then have some delicious sushi, receive the call from Cumulus, and head back over the lane. Boom.

^ this guy has it all figured out, will try that next time!

best vegan restaurants/cafes?

Took me longer than I care to admit to work it out.

Also - if you like Golden Fields, go check out Supernormal in Fitzroy while its open.

Good question.

I chanced upon the Reverence Hotel in Footscray the other day. Looked pretty crappy from the outside, but it was all happening inside, and they had a Mexican menu with vegan options.

Burma Lane