Retroshift.

Wasn’t there a thread about these a while back?

10 SPEED RETROSHIFT CX2 CYCLOCROSS ROAD BIKE TOURING SHIFTERS | eBay

There was. Good find!

It’s funny how these exist. Maybe I will kee my friction shifters on my cross bike.

Another listing.

RETROSHIFT CYCLOCROSS STI SHIFTERS - AS NEW - BARGAIN! | eBay

http://www.fixed.org.au/forums/f36/retroshift-goat-powered-20484/

The total dealbreaker with these things is that you lose the ability to use the quick release on the lever, so you can’t get your wheel out without deflating it in some cases. (Campy brakes, tight cantis etc)

But that little button on the side of lever is still (just) accesible, and surely there would be enough slack in the gear cables. . .
or does the add-on bit for the shift lever stop it the blade moving back into the hood in someway?

Bingo.

duh, when you look at them its obvious, a bit hunk of aluminium is in the way. . . I shouldn’t post so early after getting up.

Bit of a design flaw or kinda nothing you can do about it? I think Retroshift are rad. So so ugly but functionally rad.

The 2nd set would be good for a touring/city bike, cheap 7spd drive train. . .

this is the worst thing i have ever seen

the worst

you know nothing of hell.

presumably hell is where i will find hmc(unt) and ‘retro shit shifters’

shifty shift

I’m with AlexB (not biblically). I don’t mind fugly things if they’re brilliant and a smart work around but having watched the video of the right shifter in operation I think it’s far from practical. The user will have RSI and tendonitis from contorting their hands trying to shift the lever all the way across.

So yeah … it’s shit, a fail and looks ugly. Why bother? is my call.

I thought brifters did the same thing only ergonomically better.

What about these and be done with it. Actually can you use thumbies with drops I wonder

More info why they’ve made them here: http://retroshift.com/about/

I don’t think I’d like them for cross racing or any time when shifts are needed quickly but for touring or JRA i reckon they’d be ok, but then for touring/JRA they are pretty pricey and barend work just as well.