Ride 2 Work day - Wednesday October 16th.

Any going to Hindmarsh Square on Wednesday?

Ride2Work Day

Weather is looking good, might swing past

yup.

yessir!. not Hindmarsh Square though,- so might I add Adelaide Uni are also having their R2W festivities with free breakfast, pedal-powered smoothies, competitions (slow race) prizes (not too bad either) etc from 8am on the Goodman lawns (the ones facing north terrace between the two great-halls).

Be there or be ahem, at Hindmarsh Square…

Maybe I’ll swing by there too.

if i get up early enough i will

Attend to the masses

All the free breakfasts.

Hit up Hindmarsh Square, got a coffee, banana, fruit roll and an orange fruitbox. Headed to the Uni about 8, there was hardly anyone there. The breakfast looked okay, but didn’t partake in it. Went back to Hindmarsh Square, ran into -tim, got another coffee and that’s it.

Almost got hit by a cop car on East Tce and a car, a cyclist and two pedestrians on Pirie St (all at the same time).

So much baggy Lycra.

Alas my start time is too early for the festivities, and rocking up in an ACC ute in work garb to grab a coffee would look hella dodge.

And super commuters getting bike fitted on old beat up mtb’s

Ride2Work day has jumped the shark imho. evidenced by the dwindling numbers and general lack of enthusiasm of your average commuter.

So many bros riding past on their way to work were just like ‘wtf’. We have evolved beyond the patting yourself on the back for saving society phase - riding a bike is mainstream now and people just want to treated as such.

sorry for getting all emotional on the forum - not usually my deal but i just had a sudden surge of inspiration.

you been talking to wrenchy?

lol.

I forgot about ride to work day and … seeing I was going to my lbs after work to enquire about wheels, I took the car :o

My workmates were kind enough to say that I ride often enough not to need to ride on ‘ride to work day’, but it didn’t stop me feeling guilty.

Gawd that sounds false. Sadly, it’s all true. Maybe I need to run a few reds and yell at a few motorists just to get my cycling juju back again.