Road bike opinions

GIANT no one can beat them for value for money but i dont own
i ride an ORBEA roadie its cool i will selling it to move to CERVELLO S1

^Its 6600 ultegra so not the new gruppo. Rest of the kit (bars, stem, seatpost, seat etc) look pretty low end.

In that price range I’d stick with what you’re already looking at. In terms of aluminium frames Cannondale are meant to make the best frames in that material.

+1 for giant though. You’ll get better value than the pinarello.

+1. Also, they come with a lifetime warranty.

Just to confuse you more, has anybody mentioned Opera? Apparently the Asian arm of Pinarello, equally great bikes without paying for the badge.

cheers Pin. i did check out the equivalent opera bike, couple of hundred cheaper but with poorer components

“Lifetime” generally means the life of the bike. So when it breaks, that’s the lifetime over. Also, I’ve heard word that giant wont warranty a bike if any of the components have been changed. just sayin’.

hamish you might wanna check out inexa, small company but nice bikes. and a decent price.
Can’t find there website at all!
But I found this, has a phone number

That’s cos they went bust was my understanding. Bad luck if you lookin for someone to honour your warranty.

Where’d you find that out? That’d make it a rarity among alum frames.

Those R1’s look to be good value. There’s better value around than both Pinarello and Cannondale, but if they float your boat, go for it.

But what do I know? I ride a C5…

I relate to this. No matter how good compact frames are, and how well they perform, there is something that draws me back to a traditional shaped frame with a horizontal top tube.