rock n roller racing! [28th Feb]

was listening to the specials just this morning. ghost town is a bit mid-paced for smashing it on the rollers, don’t you think?

I’ve thought long and hard about this - I would like: “Girls just wanna have fun” by the B.A.Baracus Band. Thank you in advance xbx.

You know there’s a new A-Team movie being made Chaz? I’m sure it won’t be nearly as amazing as the 80s series though.

ha! the guy who’s playing B.A is called Quinton ‘Rampage’ Jackson! he should just play himself! (I would like to add Chaz-rampage to my long list of names please)

Dunno man, never really seen the rollers before. This’ll be the first time I come along. I would guess the funkiness could help out a little?

Perhaps for an attempt at the ‘slowest lap’?

different strokes for different folks. me, i likes to smash it. so xhardcorex it usually is…

I’m going to go for ‘wind beneath my wings’ by Bette Midler. i think the inspirational content will surpass the distinct lack of speed/tempo in the song.

that or my opponent will die laughing…

or maybe i should just go for motley crue’s ‘kickstart my heart’ or sick of it all’s ‘injustice system’

I’m thinking I’ll ride the picnic bike…accompanied by “Tiptoe through the tulips”.

(Because I can fill the basket with brownies to bring to The East…)

i’d ride casey’s stepthrough again, but it didn’t go so well on valentine’s day…

Stop blaming the bike Brendan, my girlfriend and I beat you and that’s all that counts.

roller racing rematch…

Alright then, slowest lap I’ll get, if one puts on ghost town for me.

How bout a little Have Heart then so xbrendanx can win with all his edge-ness?

i’m not sure if there’ll be a slowest lap. in fact, i don’t know what wacky races nath has planned. we haven’t really talked about it. in the past we’ve done madisons (which i recall benzy and i winning…), slowest laps, trackstands. we might have to pull out something special.

i do enjoy a little Have Heart…

but hey, mr dylan, i must commend you on your attitude to being a noob. asking decent questions, making suggestions, being a bit of a smartass, rocking up to events and commenting on them… so much better than writing “sweet bike!” in the Post Your Ride thread.

to everyone else: plz finalize your music selections by wednesday. i got a busy weekend leading up to the rollers, and won’t have time to hit up itunes after that.

Thanks for the love Brendan, we’ll see my true NOOB-ness when I turn up on my cheapo conversion and fall off the rollers :smiley:

Also, song request, ‘light’ by KMFDM?

the handicapper approves.

we are open to bribery (especially in the form of vegan brownies, $8 at the East Brunswick Club), but those who exhibit excellent taste in music will likely also receive better handicap marks. pls see JLN’s music thread for more info.

I’ll ceck out these vegan brownies :smiley:

Another noob question, I don’t really know the venue, I presume we lock out bikes out the front till we need them?

pretty sure vegan brownies almost killed me, they also made my hard drive crash and forced me to drink and fall off my skateboard hurting my knee only to get back on the bike last week, I’ll be there with my shit roller skills and ready to go about the same as last time … Giddy up!!

you could do that, but we should be able to keep our bikes in the extra room until it’s your turn.

also, if you have access to smaller cogs (or larger chainrings), roller racing would be a good time to bring them out. 99 gear inch maximum.

Since I’m not overly sure what ‘gear inch’ is, I’ve used an online calculator, and found I have 93.45. I think.
I might swap my 16 tooth cog for a 15 i have in the garage, I’ll see what the week brings.