rock n roller racing! [28th Feb]

they’re not that cool.

Do they ask what Nasho you are?

occasionally.

i say i’m a cyclist.

The kids at my work tease me for cycling. They also threaten to steal my bike if they see it locked up anywhere. Also, one time I was getting ready to leave work, and I was wearing cut-offs, and a kid said “nice pants Peter Pan”. I told him to get fucked, and then laughed a little bit.

The end.

at least they’re not as bad as those adalaide 12yr olds

http://www.news.com.au/national/students-12-knock-teacher-out-with-brick-steal-400/story-e6frfkx9-1225834683936

fun day, thanks to all involved…

fuck i love roller racing,and everyone one should join brunswick cycling club,you cant get a better bunch of crew to get the cycling community out for a good days fun,the teams thing was awesome!..cheers to all involved.till next time…

agreed. i was skeptical about the safety, but it got everyone talking to each other, and they then looked after each other pretty well. will definitely do it again.

i had a blast…thanks to every one especially the holders…cant wait to do it again

I’ve received a LOT of good advice from Nikcee in the past - mike maintenance, riding etiquette, helpful cycling tips, etc. However,

‘why don’t you do the minute challenge, it’s really fun’

turned out not to be advice at all, but a nasty ploy intended to leave me feeling like I no longer had ownership over my legs and in a permanent state of I-wanna-spew-but-I-can’t-god-this-is-hell-kill-me-now.

would I do it again? - Fuck Yes.

oh come on, you always knew that was a fricken lie.

jason wins the (non-existant) prize for best pain face though…

yeah - I didn’t think it’d hurt that much. next time I’m gonna be ready for it. I might not even have a pint before hand. look out bitches!

how far chaz?
statistics please.

Shame we didn’t see Barbados / Germany tear it up, but the day was still a success [1] and fun (pain) was had by all.

Good to see two other members of Team Tour de Timor taking home 1st place / 1 minute challenge (new record)

Big thanks to Rays Bikes Preston, A’qto apparel, Anticoast & Knog for their generous sponsorship and Kody and The East Brunswick Club for letting us take over their front room again.

[1] Noone fell on me while I was holding them, delicious nachos & the basket bike performed admirably.

thanks for the racing kids. i want to thank Brendan and Nath for their hard work, but really i feel that Nick and Blakey deserve it more for having to hold my big, fat, square peddling arse up.

I had a fucking giggle. god that minute challenge is a complete mind fuck though. Given the state of my legs by 30 seconds, I honestly thought I’d only made 800m rather than 1200 (1220). NEXT TIME I’ll try and pace it a bit better. Also, BIGGER GEAR NEEDED. 96" is way too small :wink:

ps. where are the pictures of me in that awesome ensemble? I want to put one on my parents fridge.

they’re coming. from memory:

slowest qualifiers: louise and luke
fastest qualifier: ryan human

minute challenge boys: neil ‘beefcake’ robinson
minute challenge girls: penny HTFU

3rd: ben ‘pretty boy’ ladner
2nd: coffee benny tatts
1st: samuel w mcgregor.

Always a good time… this time with outfits! :smiley:
(be they team knog, a’quto or uglyskinsuit)

its great to see people step up for their first time and realise that riding the roller setup is a lot easier than they think (until they try the one minute challege or double lap :wink:)

its also really fun to watch people enter the ‘pain cave’ :evil:

the teams race was something that went from being a simple idea into a great time… though i still wished we’d gotten benzy to ride my bike.

much thanks again to the kind sponsors and hosts as well as the hecklers.

pffft, I didn’t even crack the Km! fuck yeah!

man,ive got it, next time quick release seat clamp!