Sensations

Plz

Just rolling around, seeing the place - the whole place - and all itā€™s people without a worry. No subways, no taxis and no stress, just becoming a moving part among all the other moving parts and travelling in harmony in the chaos. No one caring if youā€™re on the road or the footpath, no helmet, zipping from here to there. Thousands of people in Shibuya to empty streets in Kichijoji. Parking up and dining out on ramen, beer and karaoke in Shimbashi before unfolding the bike and softly pedalling home through the neon jungle of Shinjuku.
Sorry, but some of my best memories of Tokyo involve those bikes and the sense of ā€œunlockingā€ the city Iā€™d never had there previously and that felt amazing. Still puts a smile on my face

Sensations: seeing MikeD get put in his place re: inappropriate Brompton-shaming

Sounds amazing but I reckon that would have been just as good on a normal bike (except the packing part)

So kettley Jono :wink:

Oh fineā€¦
Sns:

• full pump track laps with no pedalling
  • linking turns on slightly damp dirt
  • events that give you car-free riding through scenic locations

NS: overhang in clipless shoes, and noone stocking wide fit

the fear of setting off on a ride with a bunch of ppl much fitter than you & knowing youā€™ll explode at some point, but thatā€™s totally fineā€¦ eventually.

#wnr ?

nah. thereā€™s too many bail out points & plenty of allowance for a CBF roll on WNR for it to be stressful. more road based memories like sorrento return a lifetime ago or even mt dandenong return recently when i thought weā€™d probs train home & then didnā€™tā€¦

another sensation - minor crashes on a MTB.

Or that point when you realise youā€™re going to make it.

Whatā€™s that like? Asking for a friend.

Heading out for +3hrs, not taking punny repair kit, hoping the gods take care of you.

NS: Triples.

this is not small joys thread, no need to clutter it with NOT SENSATIONS. been some dubious sensations calls but iā€™ll allow it all to settle a bit before permaban is wielded.

Yep some serious bullshit in here.

Sensation: Fast bunch ride, like really fast you roll through the bunch and pull a turn only to realize the guy you rolled over was/is pro then another pro rolls over you with a little nod of acceptance of your turn,
Sensation

great sensations dayne. Never happened to me but loved it when Gerro waved at me twice.

Also when I used to do Tuesday night ride and you coming back from Mordi absolutely hammering at 50 clicks and you get to St kilda in 25 min. Then roll Duggan in BP sprint. Sensations.

Hitting the rut perfectly in a corner and the bike hooking through it cleanly
Having just enough speed on a jump but not so much you land on the flat/bottom out
Excellent luft
Pros XC skiing in the off season
Souplesse in its visual form

Anything Mitch saysā€¦ sensations will follow

Moist Stromlo dirt.

S: being in derby for some MTbā€™ing -its pissing down so we sit in the ute not wanting to get outā€¦ then someone rolls down the window & takes in them wet tasmanian forest smells