Sentences I wish I'd written

Evil will always prevail over good, because good, is dumb.

Shut up legs

Everything ever spoken from john Muir and Henry Rollins

“he who is down one day can be up the next, unless he really wants to stay in bed“

“I’ve been to the other side and let me tell you, son, there’s fucking nothing there…there’s no one waiting there for you, there’s no one to judge you so you can do what you bloody well like”.

Kerry Packer after his heart attack.

“we are all a different colour in this rainbow of life” &
" It’s not how hard you get hit, but how many times you get back up"

The suspicion that nothing is real is the understanding that anything is possible.

“You think you’re free? You try going somewhere with no money and see how free you are”

“Just think how stupid the average person is and remember that half of them are stupider than that”

“Jack gunned the Honda Shadow…and the road pulled him forward along its twists and turns like an anaconda swallowing a rodent”

“Ask any racer. Any real racer. It don’t matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning’s winning.”

“Life is too important to be taken seriously”

“The best piece of advise that I could possibly give someone: Fire the kunts from your life!”

Ray: “Where we goin’ Arfur?”
Arfur: “This is no time for philosophy Ray, just shutup and drive”

… bring your daughter to the slaughter …

Bit of Pallasmaa, pertinent to today’s political ruckus:

“…In my view, the lack of horizon, ideals and alternatives even in today’s political thought is a consequence of a withering of political imagination. The overpowering sense of pragmatism and lack of stimulating visions today are likely to be consequences of an impoverished imagination. A culture that has lost its imagination can only produce apocalyptic visions of threat as projections of its represented collective unconscious.”

He meant median then

“Listen kid, there’s three rules I live by. Never get less then twelve hours sleep. Never play cards with a guy who’s got the same last name as a city and never go with a lady who has a tattoo of a dagger on her body”

“Son, you will be sorry in the morning”

Said to the brother of my brother on the eve of my 18th birthday by the Catholic Archbishop of Brisbane.

“And listening to your profound stupidity is VERY SIMILAR to watching a drunken clown shoving a sack full of live kittens up a dairy cow’s arse one at a time.”

Tough client meeting Lyndon?