Shimano 5500 brifters - Replacement hoods

I’ve recently been reviving a roady equipped with shimano 5500 shifters, which work fine, aside from the really average condition, (torn and sticky) hoods. I had a look on the ol’ interweb for some replacements, but they seem crazy hard to find. Does anyone know where they can be bought? Are 5500 and 5510 hoods the same? Cheers everyone.

Hey! It’s been a while but I have a pair of genuine Shimano hoods for 55xx/65xx Flight Deck (the ones with just one button) still in the sealed original packaging. Let me know if you’re interested. The number of buttons only matters if you’re going to use the Flight Deck cyclocomputer, otherwise you’re good to go, fit is perfect and brakes and shifting work the same :wink:

Those hoods are worth quite a bit, they’re the only ones that fit 9sp ultegra and 105 and 9 speed holdouts will pay handsomely for them

Yeah, I know, they’re just sitting here unused which is a shame since there must be someone looking for a pair.

Hey I am now searching for 5500 hoods and came across your post, if you still do hold these I would be very interested.