Soma wolverine build thread

I’ve got a set of Origin8 Gary bars, very flared dirt drops, in 31.8mm
Look like this…

Otherwise compact road bars like my other bikes.

I’ll probably go a 46cm either way for the max stability. Cowbell and Deda Zero 100 bars (what I’ve got ATM) are only 1-2mm different in drop and reach.

Buy mine off LMNTM once he’s bored with cross bikes.

Or get some 3T Ergonova 46cm - be wider than 46cm Deda Zeros :wink:

Anyone contemplating a flat bar or riser? Or is drop bar the only way to go for this one?

Triple this.

Belt drive: just say no.

Commuter have a customer looking at flatbar setup. I have enough other bikes with flatbars.

Not really. I’m planning to use this bike mostly for 6+ hour rides, including overnighters and multi-day tours, so drops are great. I know I could do the ultra-tour style bar ends and mini aero bar set up but drops work fine for me.

Would like to, but sadly only got an older style in the shed. If I like it, then I’ll upgraditis.

Don’t mean to be a belt drive evangelist here but Oli Whalley seems to think they’re plenty reliable, and he’s got the experience to say so.

yeah, but they still break -one broke on the kiwi brevet, guy had to get one sent from the distrib. to greymouth so he could continue.

Of course chains break all the time too (probably more regularly than belts) but chains are very easy to fix in the field with a few grams of quicklink. A broken chain is annoying, a broken belt means its all over (unless you have a spare).

Anywho, the wolverine looks great, keen to see your guy’s builds, and your Kumoquivalent Adam.

They’d be awesome for some big dirt road tours and bike packing stuff…

4 pages in and not a single photo of a real bike…this is awesome.

Here are the inner, outer, donuts and steel frame cable adjusters.

Looks good, good range of fork braze ons, plenty of rack options.

The original pics I found didn’t have the braze-on for a front bag rack.
This makes me happy.

#faaw ??

Anyone’s Soma hook ups got those new low-trail forks yet?

Fair point. I just assumed if it was good enough for someone like Ollie it can’t be too bad.
Like I said, I’m not a fanboy and can’t see my self ever using one.

Have used both (not centertrak though). I’d argue that belts perhaps more reliable than chains, but mine just rides like shit compared to a chain.

Not true. You put your hands on mine in the shed with Keith, and you liked it. (now there’s a signature if ever there was one…)

Ah yeh, thanks for the reminder. Was good. Large, stiff and curved well.

Done

^ in fine form you two, hehe

Is that Benny Hill music I hear?