Soma wolverine build thread

Give me a week until the frame arrives, and then building will be started.

okay

smart arse

Timelines are good.

Do a belt drive. Belt drive is the new orange, which was the new black, which was the new CX, which was the new fixed gear.

Subscribed.
Have we got pictures to get us pumped?

Watching keenly as my soon-to-be-built Kumo will be in a similar fashion to a Wolverine and Tamland.

Can we then all catch up somewhere, dirt preferred of course, to show off our Rock N Road tires :smiley: ? Love these kind of builds, so much fun to ride.

Sure. 100s of kms around Canberra

Cool, me and my Rock N Roads are in.

Right, now I know who Rhino is :wink:

Who’s building what?

Me - Shimergo:

Centaur brifters
Sugino 48/34T chainset
XT hubs to Sun CR-18 (as I had these built already)
Thomson post & maybe stem
Ergonova bars and ARX stem (if not Thomson)
Jtek Shiftmate for XT M771 RD
BB7 Road callipers
Rock’n’Roads - which is why this happened and I never bought a Salsa Vaya

I haven’t got my build kit finalised yet but most probably 105 5800, HED Belgium disc rims, WI rear hub, SON dynamo front, R&R tyres. Rest to be confirmed

Me, 2 options. The first is a belt drive SS with king hubs, sram red combo. The second is a full beardo system, almost running CX1 on sram rise 60 wheels. KING, THOMSON combo. Rock & Road Tyres are a must. Also dyanmo system with some K-Lite love.

It’ll be my usual “low-key” build-a-rama.

Use one of those new adjustable length metal belts, much more reliable.

I could be very tempted to ‘Feel the SRAM CX1 love’ on this once I’ve got it built and some kms on the Rock’n’Roads.

Bought some Hope hubs from Ezylee - laced to some HPlusSons could be a go.

Ha!

Blakey speaks the truth

I love it when people built a bike around some tires, some great stuff happening here. Just got Sugino 46/30 cranks for my Cross Check, not yet installed though. What handlebars are you guys planning to use? I have Salsa Cowbell and couldnt be happier with them. Would love to try some dirt drops at some stage though (even if I find that they look weird).

Cowbell is top of the list based on everyone’s opinion of them, but I’m yet to actually put my hands on any. I can’t see there’d be a problem since I’ve ridden gravel with regular drops and not had a problem, and my current bars are a similar shape, just not as wide and flared.

YEEEEW! Rad hubs :slight_smile:

I dont think that you would have a problem with regular (shallow) drops and I actually ride my Cowbells pretty narrow (42cm) but I like the flare and the fact that I can ride very comfortable in the drops on singletracks descents with much more braking power than on the hoods.