Someone listed a velodrome worth of shit!

I’d drop a G or two. Count me in.

Yeah can see too much of a shit storm, this is up fyxo’s alley I reckon.

+1, how will you divy up the parts and frames?

seller should sell shit seperately and make a fortune. Give a guy a complete bike as payment, and ask him to take photos and categorise and list everything = major moneys

Haha, you think you can get 20 people together and come out of it with everyone being happy/ not hating each other…

Ain’t gonna happen. Someone’ll get stabbed with a seatpost ir something. Fuck it. Leave it for someone else.

If it were possible to get the gear to Australia, I think it could be organised without any need for stabbings.

Something like this:

1. A number of people throw in however much money they want towards the gear.
  2. If enough money is raised, the purchase goes ahead.
  3. When received, everyone gets together and the gear is auctioned off to the contributors.
  4. When someone wins an auction, the auction price is deducted from their initial contribution. If they out-spend their contribution, they must throw in more cash.
  5. Unclaimed gear is sold on eBay, etc.
  6. If an excess of cash is generated through people making extra contributions, or by selling to people outside the group, it is used to pay off those that didn’t spend their full initial contributions, or divided amongst the group if all contributions have been accounted for.
  7. If the value of the gear turns out to be low enough that people don’t spend and cannot recoup their initial contribution, then folks get stabbed.

I’m going to stab you for writing that.

But in all seriousness, if someone had the money, this would be an exciting investment.

Alleycat. $1K entry. Winner takes all. Bring a bag, pen and a lock.

and a truck with a 20ft container

stuff 20 people, who wants to go halves?

I don’t think it’s worth it. Selling wholesale/clearing a bunch of old stock … this stuff should go for far less than $20k if he can’t be arsed to put more effort in, list and clearly detail all the items.

There will be a few dealers contacting him and beating the price down.

love it

ah haha i wish!

it would take an eternity to off load even half that gear, provided the other half was all wanted, if 2 or 3 people got it over here landed for 12500 - 1500, everyone would be “hey, just throw me a couple of rims and a stem, its not like you need em all…”

i dunno, i reckon those mavic’s would probably go for a 1k each. i dont know how much they are worth, but ive never seen them up for sale before. then think of the 70 track frames, even at 250 per piece, that is: 17500… + 3000 for the mavics, = 20500 + all the rims, forks, misc shit.

Ive got friends and family in Deutschland, if it could be arranged, and i pulled capital out of my property, I think it is a great investment opportunity. Would have to drip feed to sell/make money, or supply a variety of dealers. Especially if you wanted to open your own shop.

need / want ha ha

Nah, they’re 650C. You’d probably struggle to sell them at all unless there were some pursuit frames to go with them!

Some info on them:
VeloBase.com - Component: Mavic 3G Carbon Tri-Spoke (Rear)

And they don’t seem to be worth much:
Mavic 3g 650c - London Fixed-gear and Single-speed
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Classifieds_F2/Mavic_trispoke_3G_650c_Front_tubular__$200_shipped_to_you_P1049633/

great start up stock for dhardz shop lol.

really??? where do i get one?! ha !!!

So Mr. a**p is pretty keen.
Looks like Greg Fords’ back room…the stealing/hoarding bastige!
Love the alleycat idea.