Spammers post in this thread.

Will be back home on the Coast (out Erina way) for christmas, tempted to bring a bike back for a bit of riding (might be fun to tackle some decent sized hills for a change).

I did however see a fixie conversion locked up at Erina a few weekends ago, though i’d doubt there’d be many on the coast at all really.

hey got couple Sydney crew coming to Newy for Xmas anyone keen for a boxing day ride?

Yeah? what did the bike look like? Haven’t had my bike out that way for a while but curious.
There is a few around my way, Gosford councel, but like you said definately not many and haven’t actually met any of the other owners yet.
Let me know if you bring yours back.

Hey all.
Im new to the fixie scene.
Im on the look out for a bike or parts to make one.
Im on the central coast.
Out erina way.
Im keen to meet people on here then eventually meet up for a ride/beers.
PM if youre keen to have a chat.
Im bored pretty much all day and new friends rock!!

Good to hear that there’s a group getting together now. My bike has been out of action for a while but it should be done pretty soon, so I’ll be keen to meet up.

Yeah Brenton does try hard to get people together, but it’s Newy and people just go about their own busniess, kinda weird.

Think we are meeting up down the velodrome to watch some riding on wednesday nights soon, grab a couple longnecks :wink:

Dear Newcastle, Gypsy & LAM are heading your way tonight.

They would love a couch/floor to sleep on.

we scored a motel on the edge of town.

Spotted one fixed gear :slight_smile:

Some guy in lycra on a blue and white fixed

hey guys,
just stumbled across this thread.
me and a couple mates are from newy and have pretty recently got into the fixie game.
we’ve been on a few rides down in sydney with the crew down there but were keen to get a similar thing going in newy, maybe of a sunday afternoon.
only thing is we didnt know how to find other fixie riders. we were even going to make some flyers up or something.
so yea if anyone is already doing it or is keen to have maybe a sunday arv meet up, ride, beer etc. let me know!

There was a regular ride on Thursday nights, from Wheeler Place, near the Civic Theatre & City Hall… Not sure if it still happens but would be worth checking out.

I’m keen to start riding again but I’m still getting my bike sorted out. Should be done pretty soon.

There is still a few of us riding but it’s pretty random times at the moment just kinda phone each other and go from there, the thursday night thing has fell through and as said above everyone just seems to do there own thing, you still see quite a few fixies arond but mainly just guys riding solo, i havn’t seen Brenton riding for a while and he was the main guy trying to organise shit. Me and a couple of mates are always up for a ride though we even thought a short pub hop/alleycat might be good? just see where this thread heads i guess.

hells yea, heaps keen for an alleycat sess.
or just a ride/ meet.

I’ve arrived from Hungary a month ago, and I brought my fixie (not the better on, 'coz i didn’t want to put that on the airplane)
So now I’m here in East Maitland, not far from Newcastle. I haven’t seen any fixie riders since I’m here, not even down town Newcastle. What’s going on here?
It’d be good to ride with someone instead of alone…

Aron

yeah fella’s, saw some more guys last few weeks. think Brenton is keen ot go down the track and have a few beers while watching the racing!

I haven’t been on the bike lately but keen to get going again. pm me for a spin

anyone doin loop the lake, or done it before on a fixie?
im having a crack and may possibly die, spec if i dont get a brake sorted before it.
if anyone else is goin in, let us know.

Going to have ride the sarvo meet at the civic building around 4 if anyone is
interested

anyone keen for an alleycat this sat arv?
howd the ride go yesterday?

I’ll be keen if my bike’s finished. Fingers crossed the last couple of parts I’ve ordered arrive this week.

thatll make 4 of us, come on guys we can do better than that!

I’m keen, i will give some others a ring too,